• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OU Saturday Game Thread

frognutz

I said the same thing to Purpette. Send him out until he walks someone. I'd be okay with a hit bc it would mean he's throwing strikes. But if he gets squared up I'd go get him. The double qualified as squared up.

What was her response?

Pharm Frog

She told me I was a genius and couldn't stop gushing about how proud and thankful she is to be married to me.

Which one is she? There's several in purple

flds-stepfordwives1.jpg

frognutz

Landestoy looked pretty lost at the plate tonight. I think he had the bases loaded and then 2nd and 3rd and wash't even close to doing anything with it. Pop out bunt was a head scratcher too.

frognutz

Hit the ball hard a couple of times too.

I guess I must have missed those.

Only starter to not reach base. Responsible for 6 of our 10 left on base. K'd with bases loaded 1 out.

He played really great at first though but killed us at the plate. Rough day. It happens.

TooColdU

If Watson's double didn't go over the fence, Barzilli's run would've counted and we'd be up 9-6 going into the 9th.

It just wasn't our day.

TCUSA

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on baseball...really only a fan because we've been good, so forgive me if this seems stupid. But could it be our pitchers aren't hitting the game truly warmed up because of that fake pitching thing they do in the bullpen? And why was Howard sent back out in the 7th after giving up 3 the previous inning and approaching 80 pitches? Anybody think we might need a new pitching coach? Or was the pitching staff overhyped?

cdsfrog

Seems to me we are slightly above average in pitching also below average in comparison to historical norms. We seem to be hitting fairly well but worse than last year. Run production seems pretty good and Fielding seems fairly good. To me that would indicate that we are above average team but perhaps below in pretty much every category relative to the ridiculously high expectations we had pre-season.

Tumbleweed

What did JS say to the team after that loss? Nothing..... something......or just a bunch of...ah...ah...ah?

I'm just not impressed with the decision's by the coaching staff, at times this year. He waits an inning after a pitcher shows llllllllllllllllllllllll he's lost it. Then, makes the pitching change. This is not the same team of last year but yet, he appears he's coaching like it!

4th. down

The recent trend doesn't look good for us, which shows just how good this program really is - still in contention for an outright championship. We were pumped at the beginning of the season because of what was returning from last year and all the pundits were promoting us, usually in the top 3 nationally. Injuries and a average pitching staff are taking their toll, especially in the middle to late inning pitchers. Our set-up and closing pitching are not dominant.

BBG817

Appears the confidence in the younger pitchers isn't the same as it was earlier in the year. Also, Burtnett leaving team doesn't help.

Pharm Frog

Appears the confidence in the younger pitchers isn't the same as it was earlier in the year. Also, Burtnett leaving team doesn't help.

The pen has become as short as I've seen it at TCU. Was thinking about this a few days ago. I don't think that Burnett's departure hurts though.