• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Nebraska Tonight!

Horned Toad

Just got home from game and the drive gave me a little perspective. We really aren't a very good team and when we don't execute well at either end we will be in trouble. Thorns is a good player but, at times, he seems to lose focus and not get us into our offense. Green and Fields need to be a little more selfish because they are our two best scorers.

This team is working hard and that is a huge turnaround from certain games last season. We need to be smarter at both ends but I like the effort of this team.
I wasn't going to name names but 24 killed us all night and he was on our team. I agree with your game summary. +1

froggolf65

Our problem is that we 9 of the same players. All of our guys are very athletic and can defend/ rebound well. We have no one that can take over a game on the offensive and and create shots for themselves when we really need it. It will be a tough year in conference play when film gets out on this team. Opposing coaches will see we can not shoot from the perimeter consistently and will pack in the lane.

frogbyproxy

Our problem is that we 9 of the same players. All of our guys are very athletic and can defend/ rebound well. We have no one that can take over a game on the offensive and and create shots for themselves when we really need it. It will be a tough year in conference play when film gets out on this team. Opposing coaches will see we can not shoot from the perimeter consistently and will pack in the lane.

Thorn's was 1 of 7 from 3 point land. Anderson and Green were 2 of 2. That is why I like Anderson he hits them when he shoots them just wished he would shoot. Early in the second half he was passing off all the time and not shooting. He ended up 6 of 11 in field goals. Thorn's should have passed more because he was cold tonight 5 of 17. It happens and the bench scored 20 points tonight!

drizzle

Played great first half. Second half no inside game, couldn't buy a layup, no defense, refs were killing us all night. I don't think I've ever seen a team throw up so many no-look crappy tosses at the basket. Now that I think of it we quit shooting from the perimeter at all in the second half. Tis team has a lot of work ahead of it. It will be interesting to see how they finish the season. For some strange reason I think they can finish with a winning record although there was no supporting evidence to have such confidence tonight. I hadn't been to a game since Tubbs left and I was just hoping we'd get on a good roll. Sure expected a larger crowd tonight.

Seemed like the Frogs were too busy trying to draw foul calls to take good shots. Seemed like two different games were played tonight with the 1st & 2nd half performances, and Nebraska kept hitting clutch shots to keep the Frogs from getting momentum.

Still, glad to see the students show up & make some noise - hopefully it continues into conference play.

Leaping Lizard

Never like a loss. Have to say after attending my first game as an TCU season ticket holder the venue is light years in front of what I've been watching at SMU the last three years.
Wife loved it too. Nice to have a real college atmosphere to support locally

ACroofrog

Atmosphere was great tonight not as many as at the tech game but it felt like we were louder tonight. Obviously a long climb to get up to really good fan support but the last two games have been encouraging I hope the loss doesnt set back the fan support again because it feels like we might be starting to turn a bit of a corner finally. I still feel good about this team we just have to figure out a way to play in the second half, I noticed that Christian changed the after halftime warm up routine tonight, obviously that didnt have much effect. Big game against USC.

Leaping Lizard

Atmosphere was great tonight not as many as at the tech game but it felt like we were louder tonight. Obviously a long climb to get up to really good fan support but the last two games have been encouraging I hope the loss doesnt set back the fan support again because it feels like we might be starting to turn a bit of a corner finally. I still feel good about this team we just have to figure out a way to play in the second half, I noticed that Christian changed the after halftime warm up routine tonight, obviously that didnt have much effect. Big game against USC.

Nebraska has a very good defense. Looked like the boys lost the last 5 minutes of the game IMO

With a big 12 schedule next year I suspect even better turn out and interest glad I got in on the seats.

This team isn't ready to compete in the Big 12 yet. The team is going to have to shoot the three much better to compete at a high level. I hope the kids coming in can make the three more consistantly, though that's really not Hill's game. I failed to see any changes in the second half and that is disappointing, kind of thought we might try to speed up the tempo to make them have to wprk a little harder to get into rhythm.

Has to miss the game due to travel, but I have to say I did not like what I saw in the box score about who was doing the vast majority of our shooting. We have some high percentage shooters on this team and they need to be the ones looking to score down the stretch. Outside scoring is going to get a big lift next year with the addition of Clyde Smith. He is the kind of shooter who can heat up and flat out take over a game in stretches. I feel pretty good about our future back court and feel like our interior will be better with the additions of Murphy and Rhoomes next year, we just need a three to replace Cadot to finish off this year's class and we should be poised to take another step forward next season. As for this year though, it was sad to see the streak come to an end, but there is still a lot of season left to play. Love to see us steal one from USC on the road, but if we are going to have a shot, we need Amric to show up, and we need to not give up the easy looks.

hfrogs10

After 10 games, we are in the exact same position as last year. We've got to get better in the second half otherwise we can expect another poor conference record. Despite what our rpi says our schedule has not been that impressive. Ole miss and Virginia look pretty good, no one else looks that great. Need to be better than 7-3. We keep saying hope for a winning record, for as many upperclassmen we play we should be looking for more.