• The KillerFrogs

TCU rolls into the AP Top 25 at #23

MavAlbert

A TCU win is #s 1-10 on my list of darns given this weekend, but #11 and #12 are OU>OSU and ISU>Iowa.

OU, TCU, and ISU have a chance to completely change the narrative about the big 12 in one week (along with top 20 OSU and KSU blowing out a couple more overmatched opponents). And we could, at least for a moment, live in a world where TCU is a contender, the Big 12 is respected, and UT and Baylor both suck.

Last edited:

Zubaz

Wexahu bait post?
6jC3swH.jpg

(Dang, wish I could edit a post.)

Wexahu

Wexahu bait post?

I'll bite. He says that (although I know it was tongue-in-cheek. At least I hope it was), although there has been zero precedent for that scenario whatsoever. No team from another conference has ever made the playoffs ahead of a Big 12 team that had a better record. Since it hasn't happened yet, why do so many people say that's it almost automatic that it will happen?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'll bite. He says that (although I know it was tongue-in-cheek. At least I hope it was), although there has been zero precedent for that scenario whatsoever. No team from another conference has ever made the playoffs ahead of a Big 12 team that had a better record. Since it hasn't happened yet, why do so many people say that's it almost automatic that it will happen?

True, but since one team can make it in with a weaker SOS and a loss at home against an unranked team over a team with a stronger SOS and a 1 point loss on the road to a Top 25 team that was also co-conference champion I'd logic and reason have very little to do with College Football rankings or the playoff selection.

Zubaz

True, but since one team can make it in with a weaker SOS and a loss at home against an unranked team over a team with a stronger SOS and a 1 point loss on the road to a Top 25 team that was also co-conference champion I'd logic and reason have very little to do with College Football rankings or the playoff selection.
Ohio State had a stronger SOS than both TCU and Baylor.

You're right about the worse loss though, no doubt about that one.

Wexahu

It was a very logical and reasonable decision if you don't look at it through purple goggles. I've pointed out why a million times. Our "best" win was a home game over the 16th ranked team. Go through the past three years and find a playoff team who didn't beat a Top 15 team.

Regardless, let me know next time (or the first time) a Big 12 team with a better record than a team from another conference gets jumped by that team.