• The KillerFrogs

TCU drops new logo!

Chongo94

Thank heavens!

My fellow TCU alum said it's kind of like when Mark Cuban scrapped the atrocious bright silver Mavs uniforms designed by Jay-Z after fans wrote a bunch of hate mail.

Thank goodness for fans!

ThisIsOurTime

This is not a new logo but FFWally on another site put together a possible helmet design. What do you guys and girls think about this one?

TCUFootballHelmet.png

TCUMed

Look I say we learn from last year and not touch the freaking frog. Obviously we pissed it off by benching it for 4 or 5 games and we paid dearly to the worst teams possible. How bout we stroll into the Big 12 with that frog and start taking some names?! Alright. Win on 3.

ThisIsOurTime

Look I say we learn from last year and not touch the freaking frog. Obviously we pissed it off by benching it for 4 or 5 games and we paid dearly to the worst teams possible. How bout we stroll into the Big 12 with that frog and start taking some names?! Alright. Win on 3.
The fact is our current helmet is underwhelming. Take a look at it. It needs a facelift. The horned frog doesn't even look like a horned frog. it looks more like a bullfrog. Whenever you make a change, there are always going to be some crybabies but changes are happening regardless.
We are going to a new conference and have a new stadium, a new helmet would be a good addition to add to this list.

bma0823

I like the one we did on here that looked like Iowa hawkeyes. Anybody still have it?

I think you're thinking of mine. At least that's the way I describe it.

If so, working on some tweaks. Got some good feedback on here (no sharp corners, less Sonic the Hedgehog). Now I just need to figure out how to fix it in Photoshop. Then I plan on entering it in Wes' contest and getting hired by Nike. Then probably President.

vote_for_me_sticker-p217365431867313253z8j38_400.jpg

froginmn

Thank heavens!

My fellow TCU alum said it's kind of like when Mark Cuban scrapped the atrocious bright silver Mavs uniforms designed by Jay-Z after fans wrote a bunch of hate mail.

Thank goodness for fans!
It's also like when June Jones got the ASU job.

Fiscuits

Here, is a picture of the current one for a reference point.

TCUHelmetReplica.jpg

Also, FYI, this logo (the helmet logo is what it is referred to on the licensing page) is also going away.

You can use the Frog, the arch TCU....but not the Arch TCU and Frog together. The FROG if it is on the helmets, will be a stand slone mark...meaning most likelly the only thing on the helmets is the arch TCU.

Stiff Arm Frog

Also, FYI, this logo (the helmet logo is what it is referred to on the licensing page) is also going away.

You can use the Frog, the arch TCU....but not the Arch TCU and Frog together. The FROG if it is on the helmets, will be a stand slone mark...meaning most likelly the only thing on the helmets is the arch TCU.

If that's the direction they decide to go, I'm okay with it. But I think the frog is a good luck charm.

Do you have a link to the official release?

ShivasFrog

This is not a new logo but FFWally on another site put together a possible helmet design. What do you guys and girls think about this one?

TCUFootballHelmet.png

The bloodshot eyes are a nice touch, considering recent events.

BTW, I'm still in the arched"TCU"-only camp regarding helmets and it wouldn't break my heart if puffy cartoon frog retired.

Raw Frog

I am slow to change, and am a fan of the arch and frog.
That said, I REALLY like this one from FFWally.
My only suggested change would be to have the red stripes a little more subtle. Start them together on the front, 1-2 inches above the front of the helmet, in the black, and let them spread out as they go over the top and back. Keeping the lines all within the black stripe. Subtle thin lines, getting a little thicker as they go back to some point over the crest of the helmet.

YCBJ Frog

The new frog logo has now been shelved and the current frog stays!

Official release from CLC today....apparently a TON of backlash once the new logo leaked

Fiscuits-- unrelated question, but what happened to universitylocker.com? I saw this post from you and it made me think to go look at your inventory, but the website is under construction now. Are there any other ways to look at what you've got and submit orders? Thanks! Love your apparel.

Stiff Arm Frog

The fan-creation above would look appropriate for an arena-league team, but not for anyone else.

Hey, here's a radical idea, how about this one:

dal_helmet1x_300.jpg

Pretty sure the only people who don't love this helmet are the ones who feel insecure about there not being a frog on it. Well, if it's a good luck charm, you can always slap a frog on for big games.

Latest posts