• The KillerFrogs

TCU drops new logo!

cdsfrog

Major revisionism. There was no turnaround under Sullivan. Our season records under Sully:

1992: 2-8-1
1993: 4-7
1994: 6-5
1995: 7-6
1996: 4-7
1997: 1-10

Compare to how we did under Wacker:

1983: 1-8-2
1984: 8-4
1985: 3-8
1986: 3-8
1987: 5-6
1988: 4-7
1989: 4-7
1990: 5-6
1991: 7-4

Life under Wacker: 2 winning seasons, 1 bowl game, 1 bowl loss
Life under Sullivan: 2 winning seasons, 1 bowl game, 1 bowl loss

Where's the turnaround?

The TCU Football Turnaround began under Franchione.

+1. Sullivan sucked, he had completely lost the team by the team he left.

Bizarro Frog

I don't think this was ever a gameday helmet but the Horned Frog is clean and pretty realistic. This is an old coin bank I found a while back. Coin Bank Old Logo.JPG

My Buddy Steve

http://www.iphone4-wallpapers.org/wallpapers/Sports/TCU-Horned%20Frogs.jpg[/img]

Except make the frog a little smaller rotate it so that his right hind foot is where his L front one is presently, to match up the curves and make it a more compact logo.

Wish that we could straighten out his tail, enlarge him, and have this frog alone on each side with the each tail point almost touching in the back. The two frogs would be positioned on the helmet like the Florida state arrowheads. And bring his hands in tighter. That would look sweet.
Can anybody here do this?

BelushiBob

Wish that we could straighten out his tail, enlarge him, and have this frog alone on each side with the each tail point almost touching in the back. The two frogs would be positioned on the helmet like the Florida state arrowheads. And bring his hands in tighter. That would look sweet.
Can anybody here do this?
I'm sure there are some computer wizards that could. But to busy talking about specialty plates

westtexfrog

Major revisionism. There was no turnaround under Sullivan. Our season records under Sully:

1992: 2-8-1
1993: 4-7
1994: 6-5
1995: 7-6
1996: 4-7
1997: 1-10

Compare to how we did under Wacker:

1983: 1-8-2
1984: 8-4
1985: 3-8
1986: 3-8
1987: 5-6
1988: 4-7
1989: 4-7
1990: 5-6
1991: 7-4

Life under Wacker: 2 winning seasons, 1 bowl game, 1 bowl loss
Life under Sullivan: 2 winning seasons, 1 bowl game, 1 bowl loss

Where's the turnaround?

The TCU Football Turnaround began under Franchione.

Not trying to argue with you Deep but didn't the turnaround under Fran start with Sullivan's players. I didn't think much of Sullivan's coaching ability, but I did think he was a good man.

Horned Toad

While you may have just figured out what "fail" means, that doesn't give you the right to abuse it.

The lone arched TCU is our only hope for building a long term sustainable brand.
Uh no I actually understand it's correct use and have for a long time. I have used it twice (and in a moment I will use it again for a third time) and I would say that is far from abusive. As an example of my understanding of its use, your continued insistance that the logo needs to change when a clear majority of fans support the current logo represents a classic case of "fail". I could also point out that your statement that "The lone arched TCU is our only hope for building a long term sustainable brand" represents a hyperbolic "fail". (Now I am starting to abuse the term). My use of the term is good natured kidding of course and not meant to be construed as wishing to start an argument.

Deep Purple

Not trying to argue with you Deep but didn't the turnaround under Fran start with Sullivan's players. I didn't think much of Sullivan's coaching ability, but I did think he was a good man.
I said nothing about whether Sullivan was a good man or had good recruits. Simply said there was no football turnaround under him. The season records speak for themselves.

YCBJ Frog

I said nothing about whether Sullivan was a good man or had good recruits. Simply said there was no football turnaround under him. The season records speak for themselves.

Then it's settled. He was a good man. He had some good recruits that laid the groundwork for success under Franchoine. He did not turn around the program.

I'm glad you fellas came to an agreement.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sullivan had a turnaround, a bad one when his top assistants he brought with him turned around and went back to the southeast.