• The KillerFrogs

Softball?

peacock

i would rather add womens LAX then softball....much cheaper since you dont have to build a stadium....and as the only D1 team in texas, the team would have a chance to be pretty good..

froginaustin

Just asked by a BU alum why we don't have a softball team? Could not give him a good answer? Anyone?
TCU has equestrian instead. That was the last sport added by the Athl. Dept.

Weren't the women students polled when TCU decided to add a women's sport, and by a large margin TCU women favored equestrian over softball?

ISUAgronomist

Wrestling. OU, OSU, ISU, Neb. Who is in the Big 12 again?

Not Nebraska remember they are in the Big 10 now. Missouri is the 4th member with wrestling. I'm not a wrestling fan but I know quite a few ISU fans that would be happy if more conference members added wrestling.

leofrog

i would rather add womens LAX then softball....much cheaper since you dont have to build a stadium....and as the only D1 team in texas, the team would have a chance to be pretty good..
Men's and women's LAX for that matter. But, I think it will be a while before we add any men's sports.

froginaustin

Men's and women's LAX for that matter. But, I think it will be a while before we add any men's sports.
Del Conte said as much. If I remember the gist of his quote, it was that TCU would add NO men's sports while Title IX is on the books. Considering TCU enrollment is, what, ~58% female, adding women's sports if any sports are added at all is probably prudent considering how much money the school is spending on football.

Screaming Flea

From what I hear Wes is right. No softball in the immediate future.. TCU has three major athletic projects to think of. Completing ACS, finishing the Olympic Center and they have to address and will, DMC soon. They want to improve Lupton so they have a full plate.

If they did, where would they put a softball facility?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
From what I hear Wes is right. No softball in the immediate future.. TCU has three major athletic projects to think of. Completing ACS, finishing the Olympic Center and they have to address and will, DMC soon. They want to improve Lupton so they have a full plate.

If they did, where would they put a softball facility?

There is no place for a softball facility. If we take in that area to the immediate north of track, we lose parking that has been valuable in years past. No easy solution and I think they would rather have on campus facilities than public facilties

froginmn

Do we really want softball? They are typically chunky and don't like guys.

No new sports for quite awhile.

s-JENNIE-FINCH-RETIRED-RETIRES-RETIRE-RETIREMENT-large.jpg