• The KillerFrogs

So who is the actual QB this week/moving forward?

Moose Stuff

Reading the posts half you guys make, you must not watch any other college football at all. Right now, as a RS Freshman, Hoover is an average to slightly above average P5 QB. His biggest weakness is he makes freshman mistakes, which you hope he will grow out of. He is at least as good as Andy Dalton was at this stage, and all Andy did was help lead us to 3 top 10 finishes, 2 NY6 bowls, and an undefeated season!

Chandler was not bad either. I wouldn't put QB play in the top 10 of reasons we are not sitting at 5-6.
He’s actually quite a bit better than Andy was and doing it against far better competition.

fanatical frog

Reading the posts half you guys make, you must not watch any other college football at all. Right now, as a RS Freshman, Hoover is an average to slightly above average P5 QB. His biggest weakness is he makes freshman mistakes, which you hope he will grow out of. He is at least as good as Andy Dalton was at this stage, and all Andy did was help lead us to 3 top 10 finishes, 2 NY6 bowls, and an undefeated season!

Chandler was not bad either. I wouldn't put QB play in the top 10 of reasons we are not sitting at 5-6.

For sure. Per ESPN, Josh currently ranks 19th in the nation in total QBR and Chandler is 27th. They're probably both better than anyone we could pick up from the portal. I hope Sonny has a very compelling sales pitch to keep both of them.

06DallasFrog

I’m tired of all of this debate. The staff gushed about Hoover watching film all night when he was going to start. The staff gushed about Max’s approach to being the backup. There is just something different about QBs that make sure the team knows they’re putting it all on the line. In that very specific department, CM isn’t the guy.

Bruce Berry

Pratt is saying he isn't transferring. I'm not buying it.

He is our guy. Hoover backs him up. Chandler moves on.

I'll figure out the O line next.

Fosterpark Squatter

I’m tired of all of this debate. The staff gushed about Hoover watching film all night when he was going to start. The staff gushed about Max’s approach to being the backup. There is just something different about QBs that make sure the team knows they’re putting it all on the line. In that very specific department, CM isn’t the guy.
I'm tired of all the Morris bashing when their results are about even. We should try and keep both.

Chongo94

I'm tired of all the Morris bashing when their results are about even. We should try and keep both.
You may perceive this as bashing but it’s not intended to be but his demeanor on the sidelines at times is certainly different from a lot of other qbs that have been it or want to be it and can be a team player.

Does that mean anything, probably not but it’s just an observation.

Fosterpark Squatter

You may perceive this as bashing but it’s not intended to be but his demeanor on the sidelines at times is certainly different from a lot of other qbs that have been it or want to be it and can be a team player.

Does that mean anything, probably not but it’s just an observation.
Maybe I'm basing it off of seeing a few posts and being told by a random guy at Buffalo bros that he's not a leader due to being a "rich kid" when that has nothing to do with anything. Also if we're being real 95% of TCU alums/student are doing pretty good for themselves financially.

FrogBall09

Let’s go find one. Who do you want?

Guarantee you if Hoover decides to transfer there will be many, many teams lining up to take him.
Maybe - that doesn’t make them right or him the guy who should be given the job here without real competition

Again - last year never happens if Morris doesn’t get hurt because our HC can’t evaluates QBs to save his life evidently so we decided to Groundhog Day it again this year but Hoover wasn’t quite ready

We don’t have to train them up in todays world- at least not after an NC run - go take someone proven

FrogBall09

The fact that you’re attempting to assert that UT was playing prevent defense with their second string for the entire second half makes everything else you have to say beyond meaningless.

And the answer to the last question is both but with the majority of your better players being recruited from HS. Literally every sustainably good team builds their roster that way.
Well my nephew was on the field for Texas for the end of the 3rd and 4th and he is # 3 on the depth chart…so facts are facts

And last year more transfers made the CWS than in the 5 previous years combined - so evidently not

Fosterpark Squatter

Well my nephew was on the field for Texas for the end of the 3rd and 4th and he is # 3 on the depth chart…so facts are facts

And last year more transfers made the CWS than in the 5 previous years combined - so evidently not
Poor coaching by Sark then, they weren't up by THAT much as was evident by the final.

Moose Stuff

LMAO….

Your 3rd string nephew being on the field isn’t the same thing as “playing prevent defense with the second string”. And the second comment is just gibberish. Of course there were more transfers than there used to be now that the portal has come into existence. Doesn’t change the fact that every one of those rosters had more HS recruits than 4 year transfers just like I said.

Dr. Coach Haus

Who is the better leader?

Hoover has 1/2 season or been here 2 years. Morris has 4. I like the upside of Hoover more and the players seem to play harder around him. Chandler has some stare down problems. Hoover has some dumb freshman mistakes. Both are good, but I would stick with Hoover.

If Sonny really did make that promise to Chad and stuck with it, then maybe we really need to evaluate hour HC. He was a breath of fresh air last year with very strong senior leadership. That is what got us to that magical season. I would not blame the QBs in red zone inefficiency as much as the OC. Know the talent on the field (both sides).

I feel Hoover has better talent than Max. Chandler might as well. But which one has the leadership capabilities that will help advance the team forward? That is the QB you need from these two right now.

Moose Stuff

Hoover has 1/2 season or been here 2 years. Morris has 4. I like the upside of Hoover more and the players seem to play harder around him. Chandler has some stare down problems. Hoover has some dumb freshman mistakes. Both are good, but I would stick with Hoover.

If Sonny really did make that promise to Chad and stuck with it, then maybe we really need to evaluate hour HC. He was a breath of fresh air last year with very strong senior leadership. That is what got us to that magical season. I would not blame the QBs in red zone inefficiency as much as the OC. Know the talent on the field (both sides).

I feel Hoover has better talent than Max. Chandler might as well. But which one has the leadership capabilities that will help advance the team forward? That is the QB you need from these two right now.
Clearly Hoover IMO.

y2kFrog

Why would Sonny have promised Chad anything? He didn’t even bring him here, Patterson’s staff did. Once he was here, he couldn’t transfer again. He just beat out Duggan. I know a lot of people’s brains just focus on how last year ended and forget all the times he was spraying the ball everywhere including the Iowa State game in 2021. Literally, no one was suggesting we start Hoover over Morris at the beginning of the year. Most people here were just terrified of Morris being hurt. Morris has just had bad luck with injuries and even worse luck with backups playing at levels no one expected.

Last edited:

FrogBall09

Poor coaching by Sark then, they weren't up by THAT much as was evident by the final.
We came back from 3 scores down to needing a 3rd down stop to get the ball back - so yeah it was terrible coaching

But that doesn’t make mean that we did that against their starting D - many didn’t go back in until we scored the second time

FrogBall09

Why would Sonny have promised Chad anything? He didn’t even bring him here, Patterson’s staff did. Once he was here, he couldn’t transfer again. He just beat out Duggan. I know a lot of people’s brains just focus on how last year ended and forget all the times he was spraying the ball everywhere including the Iowa State game in 2021. Literally, no one was suggesting we start Hoover over Morris at the beginning of the year. Most people here were just terrified of Morris being hurt. Morris has just had bad luck with injuries and even worse luck with backups playing at levels no one expected.
You are kind of missing the point that we had numerous transfer QBs visit and many seem to have left with the understanding Morris was our starter including one who didn’t believe it, committed and then quit after realizing it was already decided

It wasn’t Hoover alone he was “starting” over

y2kFrog

You are kind of missing the point that we had numerous transfer QBs visit and many seem to have left with the understanding Morris was our starter including one who didn’t believe it, committed and then quit after realizing it was already decided

It wasn’t Hoover alone he was “starting” over

There is not one person who came through here that would have beat out Morris or Hoover. I always keep track of those guys, so Sonny was dead on when he told them that if he actually said such a thing.