• The KillerFrogs

So who is the actual QB this week/moving forward?

Chongo94

Alright, I’m asking it ‘cause, normally, that would be one of the most talked about things in any other program with the original starter seemingly almost ready to come back. And yet, with us, you don’t hear anything about it.

Has the staff decided it’s Hoover or what? Has there been any noise on any of this? My personal opinion is that it should be Hoover and Morris should probably transfer….speaking of, Shough at Tech has entered the portal as his injury issues and a young starter plus recruits showed the writing on the wall, not unlike our situation.

Wexahu

Gracias.

Man, looking at the size of our OLine just frustrates me even more with their lack of performance throughout most of the season.
I know, mass is mass, but if the weights listed are accurate, it's really hard for me to believe a kid would be more effective playing at 330-340 lbs than at 300-310, unless they just have a huge frame that can easily carry that weight. You gotta be able to move a little too.

Heck, Jason Kelce might be the best C in the NFL and he's listed at 295, and plays against bigger lineman than our guys. Zack Martin might be the best OG and he is 6'4", 315.

fanatical frog

Has the staff decided it’s Hoover or what? Has there been any noise on any of this? My personal opinion is that it should be Hoover and Morris should probably transfer….

I agree....Hoover should be the guy....Chandler is a soph and has already used his one free transfer to get here so he has a tough decision to make.......but I would hope he will stay with the knowledge and acceptance he is QB2.

AroundWorldFrog

I agree....Hoover should be the guy....Chandler is a soph and has already used his one free transfer to get here so he has a tough decision to make.......but I would hope he will stay with the knowledge and acceptance he is QB2.
The skinny is he is on pace to graduate either after this semester or next semester so he can transfer as a grad student. He's not sticking around after Sonny promised him he would be the starter the last two years.

06DallasFrog

We was the starter both years, if Sonny indeed made that promise to him (which I sorta doubt), it wasn't broken.
He made it to him last year. Called him the night before Max declared.

So assuming Sonny kept his promise both times, he'll be doing the whole program a disfavor if he does it again. We have a younger QB that looks just as, if not more promising, and that has the same amount (maybe more at this point?) of game experience.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Hoover is the epitome of Jekyll and Hyde.

But all things being equal, when he's on - he's better than Morris.

Question is versus OU, do you get BYU/Baylor Hoover or the throw it to the other colored jersey Hoover?