• The KillerFrogs

So, I’m rewatching the game against Baylor from last season...

Raw Frog

He was Oregon’s HC for the ‘15 Alamo Bowl.

Looked like he was really trying to pour it on us in the first half, which was fair, but he was really smug about it -- almost Briles like. He was yucking it up with the Nike bigs before the game like he was a rock star.
Gary handed his arse back to him as he left the field after the game. Priceless.

SwissArmyFrog

Not to mention, when an underdog gets out in front of a team that is *heavily* favored, that's good TV, so not surprising that it would be played up. Full disclosure, I was at the game, and have only watched the TV highlights on YT, so I'm not really in a position to comment, other than what I mentioned, above.

Limp Lizard

Has anyone compiled a list of coaches that TCU & GP have, shall we say, initiated their departure from head coaching positions?
Wonder if the Rose Bowl and flack he caught for it helped Bielema make the incredibly stupid move to Arkansas. Was that a family thing or just stupidity? He would still be HC at Wisky and won a couple more B10 championships by now, I would think.

Froginbedford

Has anyone compiled a list of coaches that TCU & GP have, shall we say, initiated their departure from head coaching positions?

Also, how many schools have used a bowl win over TCU to launch a highly successful next few seasons? Michigan State and Georgia come to mind....Not criticizing the Frogs; think maybe the aura surrounding a win over TCU further validates the legitimacy of Horned Frog football....

Big Frog II

Wonder if the Rose Bowl and flack he caught for it helped Bielema make the incredibly stupid move to Arkansas. Was that a family thing or just stupidity? He would still be HC at Wisky and won a couple more B10 championships by now, I would think.
I don’t think Bielema was happy about working for Alvarez.

Dogfrog

Why do people start sentences with “so” so much?

The “so” phenomenon is the mystery of the age. It seemed to start during the early tech revolution by very smart people who were not very good communicators. Since they were smart it mushroomed due to copycats thinking it made them sound smarter. Rhetorically, it is the equivalent of “uh”, a moment to gather your thoughts, but “so” is somehow brilliant while “uh” sounds dumb. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

I am watching it for the bazillionth time this year, and I did not find it all that bad...Helfrich, that is.

The first few minutes of the half by TCU were bad, but TCU has been a slow starter, at least on defense, for a long, long time. We often score on our first possession (vs the safety this game) fairly often, but the defense usually waits until the third possession to start playing. I first started noticing that slow defensive start in the Liberty Bowl against CSU. Then Wisky looked unstoppable the first two possessions in the Rose Bowl, etc. I am not shocked when we give up 10 points on our first 3 defensive possessions. Just 10 points and I feel pretty good.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The “so” phenomenon is the mystery of the age. It seemed to start during the early tech revolution by very smart people who were not very good communicators. Since they were smart it mushroomed due to copycats thinking it made them sound smarter. Rhetorically, it is the equivalent of “uh”, a moment to gather your thoughts, but “so” is somehow brilliant while “uh” sounds dumb. Just my opinion.
So?