• The KillerFrogs

season tics next year

2. Current Season Ticket holders elect new seats. Their allotment is less than or equal to the number of seats the held in 2011. Selection is
made based on Priority Point rank. Option to add "deposit" now for additional season tickets to be selected during next step.

3. Once all season ticket renewals are complete, depositors from Step 2 can select additional seats from what is available, again in order or Priority Point rank. If they don't like the remaining seat choices, their deposit can be applied to Parking, future season tickets, other sports tickets, etc. (Just like Club Seat depositors who didn't like their option or didn't get seats)

If this is how they will do it then the ticket office will reach an all-time low in stupidity. I currently have 2 but I'd like to have four in preparation for a future family. In the meantime, I'd be more than happy to invite friends along to sit with us. I already have friends wanting tickets to see every team execept Kansas and WVU. What's the point of getting the 2 best seats I can with what I already have when the other two are going to be crap? I'm sure they'll let me have 4 together but they'll be in the location of the latter 2. If that's the case, I'll just keep my 2 and save my $$. This is a good way to keep current season ticket holders from buying a few 1000 more season tickets.

50FT FROG

i have a son that will need his own seat next year, so i called the ticket office and asked if i would be able to add a seat and was told it wouldn't be a problem.

Limp Lizard

Already bought my club seats and locked in the price for the next 3 years.

All I have to do now is figure out how to pay for them.....Food is overrated, I guess.
ohmy.gif

jfwall00

I think one other matter should be taken into consideration. The people who put down a deposit for club seats and never got the chance to select should be given some special consideration.

Agreed and spoke with CDC about this in October, but he said that there would be no special consideration for those of us who deposited but did not get a club seat. We will instead fall back into the line and select based on our priority ranking. It's a bummer.

leofrog

Agreed and spoke with CDC about this in October, but he said that there would be no special consideration for those of us who deposited but did not get a club seat. We will instead fall back into the line and select based on our priority ranking. It's a bummer.
i might be biased because I was able to get Club Seats, but I think that is fair for those that were not able to get CLub Seats. That is what you put the deposit down for, not "regular" seats.

Gringo1873

If you don't have them now, you're no frog fan. We don't need fair weather fans like you who aren't willing to support the program.

Go take a hike, literally.

Nice. I'll be buying for the first time next year myself. Unfortunately I have been a poor grad student for a while now.

jfwall00

i might be biased because I was able to get Club Seats, but I think that is fair for those that were not able to get CLub Seats. That is what you put the deposit down for, not "regular" seats.

While I agree with you on the purpose of the deposit and about you being biased; those of us who were unable to select a club seat also have essentially lent TCU our deposit interest free for what will eventually be about 24 months. This puts us in the unfortunate situation of not having access to funds for standard ticket pricing throughout the 2013 season.

leofrog

While I agree with you on the purpose of the deposit and about you being biased; those of us who were unable to select a club seat also have essentially lent TCU our deposit interest free for what will eventually be about 24 months. This puts us in the unfortunate situation of not having access to funds for standard ticket pricing throughout the 2013 season.
I thought you could use that money to purchase season tickets this year.

Endless Purple

They were debating that as an option, and leaning heavily toward giving them an option to add-on.

But that was before the B12 announcement. I don't think a decision has been made, but the big concern is that they don't want extra season tickets to be gobbled up by other Big 12 teams and ticket brokers. My guess is, they will probably allow an additional ticket option based on Priority Point rank. This at least ensures that some of the excess remaining season tickets are sold to Frog fans. They will probably do it like they do bowl tickets (i.e., for an additional Frog Club donation of $100 per seat, you can add additional season tickets). Not sure if they will allow it at the same time and in the same location as the "first round" of selections, or if there will be an intermediate step in between renewals and general public sales.

In other words, it could go like this:

1. All non-club seats are made available, wiping out any existing claims to seats

2. Current Season Ticket holders elect new seats. Their allotment is less than or equal to the number of seats the held in 2011. Selection is
made based on Priority Point rank. Option to add "deposit" now for additional season tickets to be selected during next step.

3. Once all season ticket renewals are complete, depositors from Step 2 can select additional seats from what is available, again in order or Priority Point rank. If they don't like the remaining seat choices, their deposit can be applied to Parking, future season tickets, other sports tickets, etc. (Just like Club Seat depositors who didn't like their option or didn't get seats)

4. Current Frog Club members who are NOT Season Ticket holders can now purchase, based on Priority Point rank

5. Remaining Season Tickets go on sale to general public

I think this would be the most fair and balanced way of ensuring maximum TCU-fan purchases and maximum overall sales.
I would be fine with this plan. It does sound fair.

The question of getting extra seats at the end of the season ticket line vs when you renew is a very valid point. I tend to lean towards adding at the end of the list as in this example by GF above.

Mainly because it penalizes good season ticket holders further down the list by pushing them back in terms of available seats. This is an issue because in normal years adding season tickets does not guarantee they will be next to your existing seats anyway. Adding them early would give some an added bonus they would normally not have at the cost of other existing season ticket holders ability to get the seats they want.

Endless Purple

Already bought my club seats and locked in the price for the next 3 years.

All I have to do now is figure out how to pay for them.....Food is overrated, I guess.
ohmy.gif
Keep eating. A night shift job is better - you get used to the lack of sleep. Might get grumpy, but you don't have to deal with it, only the people around you.

jfwall00

I thought you could use that money to purchase season tickets this year.

You're right again, leo. I'm just in a situation where I will probably still have a considerable balance after buying tickets in Feb/March. They are allowing for carry of the credit until the 2013 season, which is good. It just stinks that I won't have access to those funds for the entire time of which will be about 2 years by Spring 2013. It's a bit of an unusual situation.

Campus Commons

those of us who were unable to select a club seat also have essentially lent TCU our deposit interest free for what will eventually be about 24 months.

This is my main frustration as well. I understand making a deposit to have a place in line for the club seat selection process, but then if inventory runs out, refund those people's money. I was in a group of people who didn't even get the opportunity to ask questions on my designated night. They cancelled a few hours before it was scheduled to start. I don't think it's unreasonable to have an objection to how it was handled or seek some kind of consideration for giving an interest-free loan for a number of months. Frankly, I am at a loss for doing my taxes after the first of the year. Since 2012 prices haven't been announced, I don't know how much of the deposit I should designate as a gift and how much to apply for season tickets. Unfortunately, there is an information vacuum.

It was simply a lousy way of treating loyal fans and alumni. They could have kept the event as scheduled, answered questions, even brought out the Rose Bowl trophy and given tours of the stadium, making it a nice gesture to the group. Or they could have sent a letter to these folks, expressing regret that the inventory ran out and assuring people that information about season tickets would be shared at a specific date. They did none of these.

It was a historically challenging project, I know. Trying to handle 1,000 customers and have a good outcome for every one is tough to do. But frankly, they should have anticipated it and thought about what to do with the people who could be left out. I'm not suggesting they hold every ticket holder's hand, but we're talking about fewer than 150 people. A little personal touch (something intrinsic to TCU culture) could have gone a long way.

HFrog1999

Nice. I'll be buying for the first time next year myself. Unfortunately I have been a poor grad student for a while now.

Steel is no poor grad student and he's been one of the top posters on here for something like 100 years. I would be very surprised if he doesn't actually have season tickets.

If he doesn't, he should apologized for all of his fecal and wrestling related posts we've had to read all of these years.

leofrog

You're right again, leo. I'm just in a situation where I will probably still have a considerable balance after buying tickets in Feb/March. They are allowing for carry of the credit until the 2013 season, which is good. It just stinks that I won't have access to those funds for the entire time of which will be about 2 years by Spring 2013. It's a bit of an unusual situation.
Ah, gotcha. When I did it I knew I would use all the money up because of other sports, so I didn't think what would happen if left over.

Leaping Lizard

If you have to ask, you can't afford them.

Have you thought about rooting for SMU? They usually have good deals on season tickets. Since they seem to use their score against TCU for midseason packages, wait until the TCU/SMU game next year, I predict a bargain basement price.

I would not wish season tickests on anyone @ SMU it's a funeral...

jfwall00

This is my main frustration as well. I understand making a deposit to have a place in line for the club seat selection process, but then if inventory runs out, refund those people's money. I was in a group of people who didn't even get the opportunity to ask questions on my designated night. They cancelled a few hours before it was scheduled to start. I don't think it's unreasonable to have an objection to how it was handled or seek some kind of consideration for giving an interest-free loan for a number of months. Frankly, I am at a loss for doing my taxes after the first of the year. Since 2012 prices haven't been announced, I don't know how much of the deposit I should designate as a gift and how much to apply for season tickets. Unfortunately, there is an information vacuum.

It was simply a lousy way of treating loyal fans and alumni. They could have kept the event as scheduled, answered questions, even brought out the Rose Bowl trophy and given tours of the stadium, making it a nice gesture to the group. Or they could have sent a letter to these folks, expressing regret that the inventory ran out and assuring people that information about season tickets would be shared at a specific date. They did none of these.

It was a historically challenging project, I know. Trying to handle 1,000 customers and have a good outcome for every one is tough to do. But frankly, they should have anticipated it and thought about what to do with the people who could be left out. I'm not suggesting they hold every ticket holder's hand, but we're talking about fewer than 150 people. A little personal touch (something intrinsic to TCU culture) could have gone a long way.

We were in the same group that night and I said almost the exact same thing to my wife about the event cancellation. I was highly disappointed. I did voice my opinion to CDC and although he was happy to listen to me (which I appreciated him doing); he wasn't very empathetic about the holding of our funds.

Kaiser

If this is how they will do it then the ticket office will reach an all-time low in stupidity. I currently have 2 but I'd like to have four in preparation for a future family. In the meantime, I'd be more than happy to invite friends along to sit with us. I already have friends wanting tickets to see every team execept Kansas and WVU. What's the point of getting the 2 best seats I can with what I already have when the other two are going to be crap? I'm sure they'll let me have 4 together but they'll be in the location of the latter 2. If that's the case, I'll just keep my 2 and save my $$. This is a good way to keep current season ticket holders from buying a few 1000 more season tickets.

I can see both sides. One option bumps people to the back of the line when they want to add seats. The other option allows people at the front of the line to suck up good seats they weren't interested in the year before.

I personally prefer the 1st option, but I don't think it's a big deal either way. No matter what, somebody will complain about how TCU is screwing them after they've been loyal all these years. As long as I can get 2 season tickets somewhere within the stadium I'll be happy enough.