• The KillerFrogs

season tics next year

steelfrog

Tier 1
So, steel currently has no season tics. Has a rating of whatever (priority points). Does anyone know when Steel could buy season tics for next year, how much they cost (assume lowest cost level) etc?

Many thanks

So, steel currently has no season tics. Has a rating of whatever (priority points). Does anyone know when Steel could buy season tics for next year, how much they cost (assume lowest cost level) etc?

Many thanks

If you don't have them now, you're no frog fan. We don't need fair weather fans like you who aren't willing to support the program.

Go take a hike, literally.

HFrog1999

If you have to ask, you can't afford them.

Have you thought about rooting for SMU? They usually have good deals on season tickets. Since they seem to use their score against TCU for midseason packages, wait until the TCU/SMU game next year, I predict a bargain basement price.

mrnicefrog

Steel- you can get season tickets after all renewals are done first. Renewals run thru march. New season ticket sales will likley start about may 1st.

Usually, season ticket renewals begin around April or May, whenever the schedule is pretty much set. If renewals have a deadline of mid to late May for example, new season ticket purchases will start after the renewal deadline. In the past, the cheapest season tickets have been the endzone general admission family plan (four tickets) for around $250. I imagine that price will go up some.

They haven't finalized the process yet, since next season will be a complete reset of the entire stadium. Current season ticket holders will be able to "renew" their tickets, but the seating chart will be a blank slate. Renewals will happen in order of Priority Point rank, just like Club Seat selection.

Once the renewal period is over, new season tickets will go on sale. My guess is, you'll be lucky to even get General Admission seats. :ph34r:

ftwfrog

SAW THIS ON GOFROGS:

2012 New Football Season Ticket Holder Wait ListPlace your deposit today for 2012 TCU Football season tickets in the renovated Amon G. Carter Stadium!

By placing your $212 deposit, you will have the opportunity to purchase and select up to six (6) seats for the 2012 season. Seat selection will occur during the summer time.

Only one deposit is required to hold your space for selection.

If you are a current football season ticket holder OR have priority points in the Horned Frogs Priority Points System DO NOT place a deposit.

Thanks GF. Do current season ticket holders get the first chance to add additional seats?

They were debating that as an option, and leaning heavily toward giving them an option to add-on.

But that was before the B12 announcement. I don't think a decision has been made, but the big concern is that they don't want extra season tickets to be gobbled up by other Big 12 teams and ticket brokers. My guess is, they will probably allow an additional ticket option based on Priority Point rank. This at least ensures that some of the excess remaining season tickets are sold to Frog fans. They will probably do it like they do bowl tickets (i.e., for an additional Frog Club donation of $100 per seat, you can add additional season tickets). Not sure if they will allow it at the same time and in the same location as the "first round" of selections, or if there will be an intermediate step in between renewals and general public sales.

In other words, it could go like this:

1. All non-club seats are made available, wiping out any existing claims to seats

2. Current Season Ticket holders elect new seats. Their allotment is less than or equal to the number of seats the held in 2011. Selection is
made based on Priority Point rank. Option to add "deposit" now for additional season tickets to be selected during next step.

3. Once all season ticket renewals are complete, depositors from Step 2 can select additional seats from what is available, again in order or Priority Point rank. If they don't like the remaining seat choices, their deposit can be applied to Parking, future season tickets, other sports tickets, etc. (Just like Club Seat depositors who didn't like their option or didn't get seats)

4. Current Frog Club members who are NOT Season Ticket holders can now purchase, based on Priority Point rank

5. Remaining Season Tickets go on sale to general public

I think this would be the most fair and balanced way of ensuring maximum TCU-fan purchases and maximum overall sales.

Yeah I didn't mean at the time of renewal, but I certainly think season ticket holders should get first chance to order additional seats, if not just for the reason you mentioned of blocking out brokers.

TCUdirtbag

After the Big 12 announcement, I called the ticket office because I wanted to go from 2 to 4. They told me I would have to have to buy the other 2 for the 2011 season, and then when my point rank came up to pick new seats in the new stadium I would be able to select them all together. If I didn't add 2 more seats for 2011, then in 2012 I wouldn't be guaranteed to get 4 together: I would only get to renew the 2 I had and select their location in priority points order, then after all the renewals were done I would have a chance to add 2 more---making it unlikely I could get the 2 new seats adjacent to my 2 renewed seats.

Also, anyone without season tickets should check out the GoFrogs website---go to "buy tickets" and click "football season tickets." Why this wasn't OP's first instinct, to check the actual primary source, is beyond me. But there are 2 separate waiting lists: 1 for new grads and parents, and 1 for others.

leofrog

During the Club Seat selection, they mentioned that what they were looking at is current season ticket holders would be able to buy the number of tickets they currently have, or 6, whichever is greater. However, he said they were still working on the process.

Campus Commons

I think one other matter should be taken into consideration. The people who put down a deposit for club seats and never got the chance to select should be given some special consideration.

NewFrogFan

FYI, I was told by Assoc AD that other than Club Seat holders the ENTIRE stadium will be reseated. I'm not sure what changes or prices will be involved.

r7commish

After the Big 12 announcement, I called the ticket office because I wanted to go from 2 to 4. They told me I would have to have to buy the other 2 for the 2011 season, and then when my point rank came up to pick new seats in the new stadium I would be able to select them all together. If I didn't add 2 more seats for 2011, then in 2012 I wouldn't be guaranteed to get 4 together: I would only get to renew the 2 I had and select their location in priority points order, then after all the renewals were done I would have a chance to add 2 more---making it unlikely I could get the 2 new seats adjacent to my 2 renewed seats.

Also, anyone without season tickets should check out the GoFrogs website---go to "buy tickets" and click "football season tickets." Why this wasn't OP's first instinct, to check the actual primary source, is beyond me. But there are 2 separate waiting lists: 1 for new grads and parents, and 1 for others.

This is what happened to me last year. I wanted to add 1 seat to my existing 2 seats and I was unable to do it until after renewals. I just had to note on my form, "would like to add one additional seat." Luckily we were able to do that.

I'm afraid ticket prices might go up considerably since we are now playing UT, OU, OSU and the like, instead of SDSU, UNM etc.