• The KillerFrogs

Scrimmage observations

Eight

Any D has to observe the offensive set and think or envision the possibilities of how the play is going to unfold.
If they don’t, it’s a real problem.

no doubt, which is why getting the call(s) in and getting lined up in sufficient time to recognize formations and personnel groups is critical and if you can't get that done on the sideline you have to trust your players on the field to handle some of that recognition and adjustments

82 Frog Fever

no doubt, which is why getting the call(s) in and getting lined up in sufficient time to recognize formations and personnel groups is critical and if you can't get that done on the sideline you have to trust your players on the field to handle some of that recognition and adjustments
My only point is defenses are always thinking, recognizing, & adjusting before reacting.
They don’t just line up and trust in their instinctive reactions.
To make a general statement of, “If a defense is ‘thinking’ before reacting, it’s a real problem.” is completely untrue.

DelFrog

My only point is defenses are always thinking, recognizing, & adjusting before reacting.
They don’t just line up and trust in their instinctive reactions.
To make a general statement of, “If a defense is ‘thinking’ before reacting, it’s a real problem.” is completely untrue.
If a defense is doing ANY thinking, after the ball is snapped, it is a real problem.

Optimistically, one can only hope that the incredible prowess of this Offense

is culpable for the Defensive inadequacies. Hope springs eternal....

texas_sicilian

Morris is going to be the guy, but if Sam continues to improve, he will be absolutely lethal. I hope he gets some meaningful PT. Watching up close this past Friday was an eye opener.

vicarfrog

no shock when you consider the talent on the offensive side of the ball and the adjustment for them is in a system that is designed to maximize their talents whereas on the defensive side of the ball they are having to be retaught, retrained, and their confidence restored
Sounds like a job for Cesar Milan!

Froggish

I don't think it had very much to do with "figuring out." Our players were consistently out of position, timid and afraid of making a mistake and without heart, like the rest of the team the last 4 seasons. It finally blew up in GP's face. Instead of getting a chip on their shoulders the players lost their confidence. Oky State ran the 4-2-5 just fine last year.
That Ok St 4-2-5 was pretty different than GPs version. It morphed into 3 down / 3 high quite a bit

Bob Sugar

TCU tried a 3-man front quite a bit. It was the players' minds and hearts that were the problem, not talent or which alignment. The majority the call got in in plenty of time, but the players were confused and scared.
TCU D in 2021:
336c0e57-5399-40da-8083-bcee29941d25_text.gif

TCU D in 2022:
over-the.gif

Big Frog II

Was in Dallas this weekend for a bit and SMU fans not only think they are going to beat TCU but beat them badly....They believe SMU will win 10 games and get invited to a super conference after that performance, I will leave that there for y'all to ponder.
Yeah right.

stbrab

Was in Dallas this weekend for a bit and SMU fans not only think they are going to beat TCU but beat them badly....They believe SMU will win 10 games and get invited to a super conference after that performance, I will leave that there for y'all to ponder.
There's dreaming....then there's reality.

HornyWartyToad

If we don't beat those titwhistles by at least 20 this year I'm gonna kick my dog. . . And not a regular, OMG, who peed on the rug kinda kick either, it's gonna be a really bad one.

Latest posts