• The KillerFrogs

Scrimmage observations

HornyWartyToad

I don’t know, kinda of a irresponsible throw tbh. Need to get that accuracy up a little.
??? No. He literally put it on the receiver's hands, the timing was near-perfection. . . How much more accuracy you looking for? Middle of the field was as empty as Art Briles's soul, and he kept it low so the FS had no chance. Nobody but GH could possibly have put hands on that ball.

Dman890

My gut says our o line is better than last year but being a bit overrated by playing against a poor defensive line in camp.

frogetaboutit

??? No. He literally put it on the receiver's hands, the timing was near-perfection. . . How much more accuracy you looking for? Middle of the field was as empty as Art Briles's soul, and he kept it low so the FS had no chance. Nobody but GH could possibly have put hands on that ball.
Deep breaths. There’s history with Steve and accuracy threads.

Eight

the one thing the video of sam's throw shows very well is how quarterbacks have to see around and between the gaps of the lineman to see receivers as well as defenders

the sideline view we get most of the time during broadcast we really don't get that perspective

if sam doesn't slide to the right he can't see gunnar and if he doesn't drop down side arm he doesn't amke that throw

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

The Offense is ahead of the Defense. The Offense looked good and the Qb's all made pretty good throws. Morris didn't play that much, but had a nice TD pass to Jordan Hudson......... Talk about special, Hudson is going to be a great player.
The O-line looks really solid.
TE's dropped a few balls, and #9 Bailey was the star of the practice.

We have a lot of talent on Offense.

The DEFENSE............................. UHHHHHHHHHHHH
They are going to give up a lot of points and big plays.
TCU will just have to outscore opponents in most of its games, unfortunately.
I don’t believe the offense is ahead. They‘re just better.
I can’t wait for the season to start.
This offense has unbelievable weapons, especially out of the spread. Savion & QJ are monsters on the field at the same time. The inside receivers are stacked. Miller & Bailey is a versatile 1-2 punch at RB and both can catch as well as run.
That said, this team will be as good as their O-line.

Froggish

Nobody has really seen all the defensive 1s go together very often. THT hasn’t practiced much in team in over a week and we’ve had a few others miss time. If everyone is healthy I think we can be average defensively which would be a huge upgrade over 2021. Our depth, outside of CB, is pretty rough behind the ones 1s. It just isn’t there.

Paul in uhh

Felt like our former D was based on everyone being in the perfect position and the D play call had to be perfect or we just got torched. I think our conference foes figured it out after a number of years. I hope the athletes we have on D have a chance to show their ability and the freedom to make plays.
We don’t have to be the best D in the country. Keep the opponent under 30 and I like our odds every week with Dykes running the offense

Limp Lizard

We don’t have to be the best D in the country. Keep the opponent under 30 and I like our odds every week with Dykes running the offense

Felt like our former D was based on everyone being in the perfect position and the D play call had to be perfect or we just got torched. I think our conference foes figured it out after a number of years.
I don't think it had very much to do with "figuring out." Our players were consistently out of position, timid and afraid of making a mistake and without heart, like the rest of the team the last 4 seasons. It finally blew up in GP's face. Instead of getting a chip on their shoulders the players lost their confidence. Oky State ran the 4-2-5 just fine last year.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Cbs All Access Please GIF by CBS
She’s nice

Eight

I don't think it had very much to do with "figuring out." Our players were consistently out of position, timid and afraid of making a mistake and without heart, like the rest of the team the last 4 seasons. It finally blew up in GP's face. Instead of getting a chip on their shoulders the players lost their confidence. Oky State ran the 4-2-5 just fine last year.

believe it wasn't a matter of the formation, but what tcu would do schematically, especially against certain formations and position groups

lincoln riley was the first it would seem could get specific match ups that he wanted based upon how he knew tcu would react to a formation and that was seen with smu as well

another example is how the frogs started playing their defensive ends standing up and out off the line of scrimmage. iowa state just hammered the gap that was created by this alignment in the run game over and over and over for 2-3 years and the irony is texas and pete k had the very same problem with that alignment

82 Frog Fever

I believe you’re both correct.
The 4-2-5 does have some complicated coverage shifting, and the paranoia generated in the last couple of years made it very hard for the D to think and react with confidence.
FWIW, complicated is almost never faster or more consistent.

WIN

the one thing the video of sam's throw shows very well is how quarterbacks have to see around and between the gaps of the lineman to see receivers as well as defenders

the sideline view we get most of the time during broadcast we really don't get that perspective

if sam doesn't slide to the right he can't see gunnar and if he doesn't drop down side arm he doesn't amke that throw
Prefer watching from the endzone just for that reason.