• The KillerFrogs

Schedule for 2012

gofrogs152

I agree about not playing SMU any more. We get no credit if we beat them, lose all credibility if they beat us. And as previously stated by others, it's their Super Bowl every year and it's just another out of conference game for us.

We will now have plenty of games within driving distance for TCU fans, I see very little upside for keeping SMU on the schedule. Let them have the damn skillet...

ATXFrog

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1321290505' post='983781']
You're living in the WAC, CUSA and MWC past when we benefited locally from playing SMU due to more local press coverage. We will get that press x10 when we play UT, Tech, OU, and Baylor. Screw the Ponies and their crooked refs. Baylor and Tech are our new biggest rivals. Let's quit living in the past.
[/quote]

More Local press coverage is still more local press coverage. We want those local kids to be TCU fans.. Not UT, Baylor, Tech, or OU fans. The Dallas kid can't afford UT/OU tickets but they can afford TCU/SMU. The only bad thing is losing. You fix that by winning.. Not running away.

Having a non-conference rival is not a bad thing.
I agree on the refs but that's something we can negotiate. Plus, I thought they were going to the Big East.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Isn't the SMU game scheduled for late Sept.? Grambling on 9-8, Va. 9-15 and SMU 9-29 as I recall.....We must hope W.Va. gets in for 2012 so we have a 10-team league .....hate to have go hunting for a fourth OOC game (welcome back La.-Monroe!)

I don't think its a given Missouri leaves in '12. I'd be willing to bet that the ultimate end-game for all of this is that Missouri stays until '13, WV stays in the Big East until then, then all the defectors (including Syr, Pitt, and whomever ends up in the Big East) leave for their destinations at that point. Only TCU and A&M will shift next year.

ATXFrog

I agree about not playing SMU any more. We get no credit if we beat them, lose all credibility if they beat us. And as previously stated by others, it's their Super Bowl every year and it's just another out of conference game for us.

We will now have plenty of games within driving distance for TCU fans, I see very little upside for keeping SMU on the schedule. Let them have the damn skillet...

You don't lose all credibility if SMU beats you. You lose credibility if anyone beats you.

I prefer that every time we lose it's treated like a super bowl for the opposing team.

And had we not gotten knocked off our high horse in 2005 I have a feeling someone else would have. Losing so soon put us under the radar for MWC play instead of becoming everyones big game. We won 2 OT games, 3pts over SDSU, and beat Iowa State by 3 points in the Texas Bowl. Great season that built for better things to come. Not sure we wouldn't have pulled a Hawaii that year if we did make BCS game.

I don't think its a given Missouri leaves in '12. I'd be willing to bet that the ultimate end-game for all of this is that Missouri stays until '13, WV stays in the Big East until then, then all the defectors (including Syr, Pitt, and whomever ends up in the Big East) leave for their destinations at that point. Only TCU and A&M will shift next year.
It just seems to make sense. Will the SEC aquiesce for the good of college footballdom?

froginaustin

It just seems to make sense. Will the SEC aquiesce for the good of college footballdom?

The SEC seems to be somewhat litigation averse. Or at least prudently careful.

:biggrin:

And they've supposedly drawn a schedule for a 13-team conference.

The precedent for departing conference members sticking around for one last year so that the conference departed from will not collapse is sort of set by the WAC-to-MWC membership shift. So leaving Mizzery and WVU, not to mention all the possible defections from C-USA, in their old conferences until 2013 makes sense, as if sense had much to do with any of this.

McFroggin

Would the Ticket be on location and talking about the TCU-Texas St. game?

We get great pub in Dallas for this game and that's worth it.

Who cares if they have no fans or support? We don't need their fans to sell out our game. And it leaves more seats for TCU fans when they sell out their one game of the year versus TCU. Press still runs the Iron Skillet story and they are one or our longest rivalries unlike Texas State.

Why am I responding to this idiotic no SMU Game talk? Get over yourself arrogant TCU fans.

So disagreeing with you makes me arrogant? Um get over yourself.

Your argument to play SMU involves more empty seats and local press that we already will get by playing in the Big XII.
Dallas doesn't even care about SMU

You argument is poor at best. Might want to rethink who is arrogant here.

An-Cap Frog

screw that.. Outside of games vs Texas and OU there is nothing more I want to do next season then go over to Dallas and smack the Ponies around.

They have the skillet and we need it back.

And I'm fine with SMU being a 5-4 team and only selling out their TCU game.

Meh. I'll wait until the Ponies have a good program for any animosity...

ATXFrog

So disagreeing with you makes me arrogant? Um get over yourself.

Your argument to play SMU involves more empty seats and local press that we already will get by playing in the Big XII.
Dallas doesn't even care about SMU

You argument is poor at best. Might want to rethink who is arrogant here.

Thinking we should drop SMU because they are beneath us makes you arrogant. Not sure how you can argue out of that one.

I agree Dallas doesn't care about SMU most of the time with one minor exception.
They seem to care when they play TCU.

If nobody gives a rip when TCU comes to Dallas then you can bring up this stupid argument.
That time is not now and sure the hell won't be next year.

ATXFrog

Meh. I'll wait until the Ponies have a good program for any animosity...

I felt the same way until I saw their idiot fans dance all over our field this year..
I was at Boise and running out onto their field was not in the thought process. Nor was doing a couple of laps around their track. We should play SMU just for the fact that we can mentor them on how to act if they ever do get a good program. It's the neighborly thing to do.

but, you can be Meh. I'm just glad GMFP won't be next year.

Dr. Coach Haus

screw that.. Outside of games vs Texas and OU there is nothing more I want to do next season then go over to Dallas and smack the Ponies around.

They have the skillet and we need it back.

And I'm fine with SMU being a 5-4 team and only selling out their TCU game.

+1

geno

Frankly I don't give a Tinker's Dam (whatever the hell that is) for the SKILLET. I just want to beat the tar out of those arrogant, elitish SMU idiots. Its a great rivalry, echoes the rivalry between the two cities. Another vote for keeping on playing the SMUT Mustangs.

I felt the same way until I saw their idiot fans dance all over our field this year..

I was hoping for a little more enforcement of the No-fans-on-the-field rule after that game.

Not to the level of police brutality or anything, but a few arrests would have been in order.