• The KillerFrogs

Rewatched SMU game

cheese83

Ditto on the replay. What stuck out to me was the announcer saying Sewo looks like an NFL d-linemen. With Anderson, snell and a healthy Hicks (not there currently), he would help us so much more as a starting D-end. I know this horse has been kicked, but he does not look elite as a running back. He broke one on a cut back where he gained 33 yards and it looked clear to me that Anderson or Snell take that same play to the house with their speed. I know we need a big back as well, but would love to see Sewo on the D-line and then playing on Sundays. Don't see that happening as a running back.

Are you kidding? He looks really good at RB, did you miss when he carried like 5 guys into the endzone? Hicks is gone next year and he's going to be tearing it up with Anderson.

Ron Swanson

Curious of this as well. I know he is mostly at RB right now due to depth concerns but he looks like a much better match for a WR like Nixon
I think he was recruited for that RB/WR type role similar to what Nixon plays. Not a traditional back that gets standard handoffs, but carries the ball in a variety of ways and lines up as a pass catcher both out of the backfield and also split out as a receiver.

TRF51

Move Ty Summers back to LB! Howard is great. The other backer with him ( No matter who they put out there) is a wild card. Montrail (Did I spell it right?) made some great plays down field but lost the battle at the line of scrimmage. Maybe Ty is not the best in coverage but he is 100 times better against the run.

Agreed 100%

FROG PARENTS 1961

Recruited as a WR and played RB and WR in high school,

Here is his HUDL video. I re-watched it and found myself noticing that on a number of the plays they don't as much block anyone as Snell just outrunning people.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3582328/kenedy-snell
Watched him too and he can move along with great burst and speed. I remember that he was not highly recruited but Michigan offered him. These Waxahachie dudes can play 1st team reps right now

berryfrog95

Let Ty get reps at DE, Boesen will be well rested for the 2nd half, then use Ty in obvious running situations in the 2nd half as a hybrid.

Really need Evans to play his best assignment football to date.

Moose Stuff

Watched him too and he can move along with great burst and speed. I remember that he was not highly recruited but Michigan offered him. These Waxahachie dudes can play 1st team reps right now

The lack of major programs that were after the this kid made no sense to me. I just assumed he was either smaller or slower than all the recruiting sites said he was. Turns out he was bigger and faster.

W

Way of the Frog

The lack of major programs that were after the this kid made no sense to me. I just assumed he was either smaller or slower than all the recruiting sites said he was. Turns out he was bigger and faster.

I think this is one of the strengths in how TCU recruits and one of the biggest flaws to the recruiting services as a whole.

If someone only goes by the tape and doesn't really know about any of the other players on the tape how do they accurately judge the players they are trying to watch. For years we have known that Patterson and his staff have spent countless hours traveling to get actual looks at kids, to talk to opposing coaches, and I think it is one big key to continually finding a player like Snell who it appears to have been overlooked by many other staffs and recruiting sites.

jake102

Play clock at zero was likely a concern...

It wasn't at zero! They kicked it with one second left. Plus, why are you up against the clock on a FG attempt? Just poor in-game coaching there

And after the take the TO you have to either go for it or punt

Double V

It wasn't at zero! They kicked it with one second left. Plus, why are you up against the clock on a FG attempt? Just poor in-game coaching there

And after the take the TO you have to either go for it or punt
It was getting close to zero and the kick looked very rushed. It doesn't really matter in the end because he missed the 1st attempt anyway.

Also, I agree it was poor coaching to be that rushed on the attempt in the 1st place.