• The KillerFrogs

Proposal for Copious News/KF|FN Threads

Purp

Might it be possible to aggregate all of these each day into a single thread or maybe a single thread of articles from each source? They all seem to get very little traffic and most get 0 comments. They also seem to diminish traffic on other higher volume threads as well because they push them so far down they aren't as readily available. Having to go to page 2 and 3 for daily used threads is a pain in the rear and reducing contributions to them also.

I feel like I'm not the only one who avoids all the additional clutter. It's impossible for most of use to keep up with all of this, but the fact it's all put out here in separate threads makes it harder for most of us to keep up with the threads we do want to keep up with.

TCUdirtbag

Might it be possible to aggregate all of these each day into a single thread or maybe a single thread of articles from each source? They all seem to get very little traffic and most get 0 comments. They also seem to diminish traffic on other higher volume threads as well because they push them so far down they aren't as readily available. Having to go to page 2 and 3 for daily used threads is a pain in the rear and reducing contributions to them also.

I feel like I'm not the only one who avoids all the additional clutter. It's impossible for most of use to keep up with all of this, but the fact it's all put out here in separate threads makes it harder for most of us to keep up with the threads we do want to keep up with.
Godspeed, Purp. I recommended this once a few years back and got scheissing ROASTED.

Purp

Godspeed, Purp. I recommended this once a few years back and got scheissing ROASTED.
It used to not be a huge problem for me, but now there is 5 times more stuff published every day than just 2 years ago. It's bananas. Hopefully the influx of new stuff has brought us to critical mass.

Armadillo

Seriously, just let Top do his thing and be happy you have this on this site. And thank him on occasion. he truly provides a thankless service here. If you wanna do the work Top does, and aggregate, go ahead. And isn’t there already that at the top of the threads anyway?

THANKS Top!

Armadillo

Deep Purple

Very nice thing to have, but it doesn't solve the problem that Purp pointed out. Having a separate thread for each of 7 or 8 news stories pushes all the hotter topics to the bottom of the page or rolls them to the next page where they aren't as easy to find or access. I'd bet that most regulars on this board feel that way.

Top provides an invaluable service, but couldn't it be consolidated into a single thread instead of 7-8 separate threads?

Purp

Seriously, just let Top do his thing and be happy you have this on this site. And thank him on occasion. he truly provides a thankless service here. If you wanna do the work Top does, and aggregate, go ahead. And isn’t there already that at the top of the threads anyway?

THANKS Top!
I'm not criticizing him or asking him to stop. Only to put the 20 articles of the day into a single thread or maybe a few threads grouped by common subjects (ex: football in one thread and basketball in another with less popular sports grouped into a 3rd.

Purp

All good ideas, and I'll share them with management.

However, Top has been a precious gift to Frog fans for years.
Again, I don't think anybody is asking to curtail his activity, but something must be done to reduce the number of new threads started that never get looked at. Honestly, I'd be more likely to read some of them if they were grouped together. Thanks for your consideration Sean.

That’s a good idea. I’ll start putting the KF|FN stories in a daily thread. That will actually be a heck of a lot easier for me.

I would like everyone to know that our writers and student writers work really hard at KF|FN in addition to their full time jobs and school work; so your views are greatly appreciated.

There are 53 colleges that make up the Sports Illustrated College platform. We are on weekly calls with all the professional and college teams.

Our team was brought up, by name, on this week’s SI Fan Nation call for the relevant content we are publishing. Our writers are at every TCU football, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, equestrian event possible. Our stories are reaching so many new viewers daily!

So thank you for your support. We continue to climb in the pageviews rankings even though we are one of the smallest schools. So when you see a story you like, please repost to your socials or text to a friend.

And of course, if you would ever like to contribute…please let me know.
Go Frogs!

Ryann Zeller

Pharm Frog

That’s a good idea. I’ll start putting the KF|FN stories in a daily thread. That will actually be a heck of a lot easier for me.

I would like everyone to know that our writers and student writers work really hard at KF|FN in addition to their full time jobs and school work; so your views are greatly appreciated.

There are 53 colleges that make up the Sports Illustrated College platform. We are on weekly calls with all the professional and college teams.

Our team was brought up, by name, on this week’s SI Fan Nation call for the relevant content we are publishing. Our writers are at every TCU football, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, equestrian event possible. Our stories are reaching so many new viewers daily!

So thank you for your support. We continue to climb in the pageviews rankings even though we are one of the smallest schools. So when you see a story you like, please repost to your socials or text to a friend.

And of course, if you would ever like to contribute…please let me know.
Go Frogs!

Ryann Zeller
With all do respect, page view rankings don’t do squat for wins on Saturdays. Must convert viewing into posting or we’re screwed. Eyeballs do not equal “activity”. We’re trying to make the CFP here, Ryann.

Also…

Can we get an auto correct for:

there/their/they’re
loose/lose
ref/official
dominant/dominate

Just kidding….unless you can do it in which case I’m not kidding.

I’m also thinking we could add a couple of weekly content threads:

“The Doctor is Inn” featuring puns and mockery by @tcudoc

“Talent Search” featuring the gallery of @Chongo94

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
A single thread would not allow for good discussions on article topics. It would decrease board activity.

I am sure most people are able to easily scroll through and find the topics they want to access, comment on, etc.

The threads that do not draw comments quickly fall down the board. I try to be choosey and not post everything I come across. I look for news value or topics I believe are of interest to TCU fans. Mine are linked in the pinned thread for users to look back several days to a week to catch up on news or find previously posted articles.

The news links are the most popular feature of the board and generate a lot of activity while hopefully keeping us fans informed on TCU news and what is being said and written about TCU.

TCU football and now basketball are both drawing a lot of media interest and articles.

Last edited:

Eight

think there are two different discussions

top posting multiple threads daily w tcu relevant stories aren't in question

multiple threads for posts on the si portion of the site are in question

site owner from what i gathered told us that isn't going to change wo saying it isn't going to change

Bob Sugar

It also doesn't help when an article comes out at say 4:00, someone other than Top steals Top's thunder and posts the article, said post generates the clicks and interest mentioned above...and then the following day, we get to enjoy a whole new thread with the same article.