• The KillerFrogs

Predictions on whether Rangers playoff game conflicts with SMU game on Saturday?

FROGDADDY

Understandable, but I'm sure you realize you were probably The Lone Tiger around here tonight.

I am definitely a Tiger fan myself for the next week now.

Just making sure the Ranger fans understood that I wasn't anti Ranger. They're my #2 team, kind of like how TCU is gdu's #2 team. =)

frogfan72

The Rays have a ton of momentum right now. Madden is the kind of guy than can channel this high and get them to carry it on through the next round. Just glad the Rangers kept it in 5th gear after clenching.

Remember - Rangers went 19-6 in September. Rays were 17-10. Not saying Rays aren't hot, but Rangers are on a serious roll right now including winning 6 straight currently and 15 of their last 18. Plus, and this is fun to say, Rangers have more pitching than anyone Tampa has seen lately in AL East - especially Boston, Balt and Yanks in cruise control.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Was hoping Boston and Tampa would have to play today, with Boston then winning. But bring on the Rays, though they are a dangerous team right now.

But then so is Texas.

TCURiggs

Remember - Rangers went 19-6 in September. Rays were 17-10. Not saying Rays aren't hot, but Rangers are on a serious roll right now including winning 6 straight currently and 15 of their last 18. Plus, and this is fun to say, Rangers have more pitching than anyone Tampa has seen lately in AL East - especially Boston, Balt and Yanks in cruise control.

Thanks. I was wondering what their Sept. records looked like, but was too lazy to look it up. Impressive.

I checked the TBS website for Saturday, and they have all four playoff games that day. They're showing start times (central time) of 11 am, 2:30, 6:00 and 9:30 pm. I'm guessing the Rangers get stuck with the early slot because Tampa Bay isn't seen as a ratings draw.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I checked the TBS website for Saturday, and they have all four playoff games that day. They're showing start times (central time) of 11 am, 2:30, 6:00 and 9:30 pm. I'm guessing the Rangers get stuck with the early slot because Tampa Bay isn't seen as a ratings draw.

All 4 games are in central/eastern cities. Which probably means either Texas or Milwaukee would be hosting a 9:30 1st pitch, with the other getting the 11am slot (neither matchup is exactly ideal in terms of ratings). You'd like to think they'd change the start times up to prevent a 9:30 game, but this is MLB, after all.....

K

kdaltcu

If you are planning on missing TCU's biggest game at home this season against our biggest rival in order to watch game 1 of a first round MLB playoff game then you are not a true Frog fan. Just my opinion

K

kdaltcu

How about game 2?

Whatever it is. Keep up with it on your phone, its the beauty of modern day technology. The Frogs needs you more than the Rangers do on Saturday. That place needs to be jammed packed and loud for once this season!