• The KillerFrogs

Prediction Thread: Frogs v Hogs

LSU Game Attendee

I will quote Juris for my prediction:
"we pow them on the ground."
giphy.gif

FROG PARENTS 1961

Christians 37 Swine 27 Hoping our run game does the trick this time. And a few KH escapes from the pocket that net a 1st down won't hurt. Tough defensive line that harassed us last year. This time Hill gets off some quick passes and we flourish as our line (Noteboom SR Shlottman SR Morris SR Pryor SR Niang SO) is a year older and a year smarter. Frog defense could be really good this year. Look for an INT Saturday and look for a ball strip. If TCU gets pressure on Austin Allen and can get to him this game is over sooner.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

I may be drinking the Kool-aid, but I think TCU wins big. Ark switched to a 3-4 this year, so this will be the defense's first real test for making reads, ensuring there are no blown assignments, etc. Sure they have practiced all off-season, but as Tech showed over the past decade, switching defensive schemes can hinder progress.

Couple the fact that they will have a very raw secondary, I could see TCU making some big plays to open WRs. If TCU gets up and forces Arkansas to be one-dimensional, I could see this one being over early.

Hope I am right.

FROG PARENTS 1961

I may be drinking the Kool-aid, but I think TCU wins big. Ark switched to a 3-4 this year, so this will be the defense's first real test for making reads, ensuring there are no blown assignments, etc. Sure they have practiced all off-season, but as Tech showed over the past decade, switching defensive schemes can hinder progress.

Couple the fact that they will have a very raw secondary, I could see TCU making some big plays to open WRs. If TCU gets up and forces Arkansas to be one-dimensional, I could see this one being over early.

Hope I am right.

Great minds think alike. "Ansas" will be faster on defense with the outside linebackers in the new 3-4 more able to follow our speedsters around but still will have lots of trouble for 4 quarters. One of our targets that got away last year was Kameron Curl who will start at CB as a true freshman since Ansas lost it's starter last week.

stbrab

I like the optimism in this thread! Most picks are 10+ spread for the Frogs. I don't think I saw anyone going with the oinks. I'll say 38-17 Frogs.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Ha, they're on their thread making fun of us all picking the frogs.. and then they have 6 pages of themselves picking the hogs.

Let's get really Meta and make fun of them making fun of us so then hopefully they'll make fun of us making fun of them making fun of us.

At the end we can all laugh at it and chant SEC a bunch...

28 - 34 FRHOGS

Last edited:

Nick Danger

In my preseason record guess, I said that TCU would lose two games. Over the past week, I've become increasingly confident this ain't one of 'em. Frogs with an attention grabbing margin-of-victory in this one . . . 42-17! ;)