• The KillerFrogs

OT:Will Grier

Long Time Lurker

Ahh, that says it all. Thanks for the heads up. I guess since no one wants to buy Grier's tennis shoes he can't be any good.
Are we reading the same thread? Your posts seem to say your mad at us because we don't think WG is good....i think. I think every post before yours was complimentary to WG. Am i missing something, besides a jar of shine?

TCURiggs

I like DH and if we can’t win the conference I’d want them to, but WG was an overrated player on an overrated team IMO. Just never saw what everyone else seemed to when watching them.

Not sure what you mean by overrated. Are you saying he's not a top 5 or 10 QB and a lot of people label him as one, or something like that? I haven't seen much of that kind of talk, but maybe I missed it.

If that's not the case, and you're saying you don't think he's a top 20ish QB, then I just disagree. That dude is good.

FrogLifeYo

He's a 22 year old returning QB and will return with a much more experienced group around him. Sure he looses some playmakers. I'd say he probably will be in the discussion for Big12 player of the year and the front runner for all conference QB. TCU, OU, and OSU will all be breaking in new starters...WVU will be predicted to finish in the top 2 or 3 next year with Grier returning

I'm in the he's good crowd. Mayfield was clearly the best QB we played this season. After that, who was better? Rudolf had great stats over the course of the season but Grier looked more impressive against TCU. Athletic, strong arm, gets rid of the ball on time, made a lot good throws.

He'd would have started for us this season. I'll leave it at that.

ifrog

Grier isn’t overrated. He’s a very good QB and will be the top returning QB in the B12 next year. The master contrarian just likes to argue, so ignore him.

TCURiggs

I'm in the he's good crowd. Mayfield was clearly the best QB we played this season. After that, who was better? Rudolf had great stats over the course of the season but Grier looked more impressive against TCU. Athletic, strong arm, gets rid of the ball on time, made a lot good throws.

He'd would have started for us this season. I'll leave it at that.

Agreed. He was easily the 3rd best QB in the conference, if not the 2nd. The best QB won the Heisman, and the Big XII QB play was far better than most. Once again, Wexahu is off-base.

Agreed. He was easily the 3rd best QB in the conference, if not the 2nd. The best QB won the Heisman, and the Big XII QB play was far better than most. Once again, Wexahu is off-base.
Yeah, after his work defending the committee and Ohio State, I'm really looking forward to where he takes this player evaluation thing he's started in the recruiting thread and in here.

Chongo94

Mountaineerlegion

Are we reading the same thread? Your posts seem to say your mad at us because we don't think WG is good....i think. I think every post before yours was complimentary to WG. Am i missing something, besides a jar of shine?

I think our signals got crossed. I was responding to Wexahu's post #9 where he said WVU and Grier were overrated.

Make the trip out our way Nov 10th and I'll solve your shine problem.

Long Time Lurker

I just figured out something i consider to be very ground breaking! I ingonred Wex, so i don't see his posts. I say it is ground breaking because i don't see his posts being quoted by other sane posters either. How long has that been the case? You used to see the person you ignored when people quoted their posts. This is a great feature.

Mountaineerlegion

I think Grier is good but WVU ended up pretty much sucking against everyone decent that they played.

"Sucking" seems a little overstated. Versus ranked team...

#21 VT lost by 7
#8 TCU lost by 7
#24 TTU won by 11
#11 OkSt lost 11
#15 ISU won by 4
#4 OK spanked by 28

None of those, with the possible exception of OK, is embarrassing in my opinion. And as far as OK goes, they beat a pretty good #11 TCU by, ahem, 24 cough, cough, so call it what you want.

Worst loss to the other 4 ranked teams is 11 with an average point differential of -2.

I left out TX because when your starting QB only has 9 1/2 fingers for 3 quarters it can skew the data. A fact which also affected the OK game but as I said I can live with whatever you want to call that game.

jake102

Worst loss to the other 4 ranked teams is 11 with an average point differential of -2.

I left out TX because when your starting QB only has 9 1/2 fingers for 3 quarters it can skew the data. A fact which also affected the OK game but as I said I can live with whatever you want to call that game.

Just couldn't finish any of the big games outside of Iowa State.

I always root for WVU after TCU.

Latest posts