• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

I've played every game several times over, so this is good news. Hope to see some easter eggs on skills and things like that.
On episode 6 now, you will not be disappointed as it goes along although there’s not really skill development per se. There are a ton of Easter eggs though, you’ll definitely notice them.

Chongo94

I've played every game several times over, so this is good news. Hope to see some easter eggs on skills and things like that.
A TON of Easter eggs in episode 7.

Final two episodes were awesome. The ending hints at all kinds of stuff.

And if the next game takes up some of these things (supposedly the show couldn’t address certain things in much detail because they want to do them in the next game), well, that’s definitely a game I want to play.

Last edited:

The Bad Guy

Went and saw the new movie Civil War over the weekend. I thought it was Terrible. I'll be interested if anyone else has similar views. Had the makings to be an interesting story but I thought it really bombed.

Chongo94

Went and saw the new movie Civil War over the weekend. I thought it was Terrible. I'll be interested if anyone else has similar views. Had the makings to be an interesting story but I thought it really bombed.
I was told it is really nothing like the trailers show and is more about journalism per se….?

JugbandFrog

I was told it is really nothing like the trailers show and is more about journalism per se….?
This is why I appreciated the alien movie Battle Los Angeles. Too many movies focus on the human element too much and take away from the content we are there to see. I want to see a movie where the armed forces fight the aliens. A lot of movies just skirt around the fun part. How and why does this start? What happens when it does start. I don’t, and won’t care about these people.

Fallout did a great job of balancing this as well.

I could tell Civil War was gonna be trash, and probably won’t ever watch it

PurpleBlood87

Saw it today. Didn't hate it. Jesse Plemmons character was out there.

I did like when the younger male journalist told the sniper team they were with the press and the spotter said something to the affect he already inferred that from the big letters on their vehicle.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
We watched Damsel last night with Milly Bobby Brown. Typical girl boss fare that’s in vogue these days but watchable if you like that sort of thing. The role can’t touch her turns as Enola Holmes though

WhatTheFrog

Saw One Love, it covers the later part of Marley's life. It goes into the turmoil occurring in Jamaica at the time and what he saw as his role in all of it. There are very few flashbacks to his childhood. Not as much about the music as it is society at that time. Music in the movie is still good, of course. You might watch it with subtitles if you have a hard time with the heavy accent and even then you might have a little trouble with it. Dialogue is very much like Shottas if you've seen that one (also a good movie). I liked it even though it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

Ron Swanson

Watched Greyhound on Apple TV starring Tom Hanks. A WWII movie about transport cargo ship convoys traveling across the Atlantic with limited Navy defense against German submarines. Overall a very good movie. Not great but very good. Tom Hanks is solid as usual. Worth the watch, IMO.
You could tell they were trying to make it realistic and actually about the situation at hand, and not give some big Hollywood love story or something to grab everyone’s attention.

They could’ve made it “more entertaining”’if they wanted to, but it felt deliberate that they didn’t.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Watched Greyhound on Apple TV starring Tom Hanks. A WWII movie about transport cargo ship convoys traveling across the Atlantic with limited Navy defense against German submarines. Overall a very good movie. Not great but very good. Tom Hanks is solid as usual. Worth the watch, IMO.
….bring Hell down from above.