• The KillerFrogs

Ok, that is complete BS comment while watching CW Bowl

BABYFACE

Stupid azz commentary from play by play guy about Will Grier choosing to sit out the bowl game. I am not going to get into whether it is right or not to sit out a bowl game. My frickin issue is the ESPN play by play guy saying how hard it is and how much it must hurt for Grier to sit and home and watch his team play. Seriously?

Again, I am not here to discuss if sitting out a bowl game is justified or not. Just don’t ask me to feel sorry for or have sympathy for a guy that chose to sit out.

Zubaz

I'm sure it is tough for him, especially with how his backup is struggling. Even if he feels he made the right decision, they're still his teammates and I'm sure he wants to see them do well.

tcumaniac

I bet it is pretty damn tough. That guy loves his coach, and teammates, and school. I’m sure he’d love to be playing with his teammates one last time.

But he also experienced late last year how easy it is sustain a fluke injury. And he has more than just himself to look out for. He has a wife and a little girl to support and provide for. One could argue that him deciding to sit out was a very selfless decision versus a selfish one like you are all but implying he made.

BABYFACE

I'm sure it is tough for him, especially with how his backup is struggling. Even if he feels he made the right decision, they're still his teammates and I'm sure he wants to see them do well.

Of course, I would expect that he wants his team to do well. Life is full of choices. He made his. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

I don’t need a TV commentator to instruct me that I should have sympathy that the player might feel bad for choosing to skip the bowl game. Grier made his choice on what he felt was best for him and that is where it needed to stay. Not the other shat.

Last edited:

jake102

I bet it is pretty damn tough. That guy loves his coach, and teammates, and school. I’m sure he’d love to be playing with his teammates one last time.

But he also experienced late last year how easy it is sustain a fluke injury. And he has more than just himself to look out for. He has a wife and a little girl to support and provide for. One could argue that him deciding to sit out was a very selfless decision versus a selfish one like you are all but implying he made.

Spot on. Plus Grier is a guy who could possibly slide into 1st round or fall to middle rounds depending on how his combine and pre draft stuff goes. Don’t blame him one bit with a wife and kid

Zubaz

Of course, I would expect that he wants his team to do well. Life is full of choices. He made his. You cannot have your cake and eat it to.

I don’t need a TV commentator to instruct me that I should have sympathy that the player might feel bad for choosing to skip the bowl game. Grier made his choice on what he felt was best for him and that is where it needed to stay. Not the other shat.
He made a choice, either way that choice would have consequences, and he probably feels bad over the negative consequences of the choice that he did make. Seems not particularly controversial here.

What an odd thing to get worked up over.

netty2424

he didn’t care about that when his teammates were working hard to put him in a position to cash in, was he? A lousy group of teammates and he very likely doesn’t get that first round money, Does he?
Most of those teammates won’t have the same opportunity to continue playing, or cashing in, do they?

HFrog1999

If I were a NFL GM, I would not want players who sit out their Bowl games.

I would prefer players who are more loyal to their teams and not afraid of playing football.

I think the players who truly