• The KillerFrogs

*Official* NCAA 12 Post

Trelvis

I thought I would make one post to keep everything organized. Here are some of the features, upgrades...

CUSTOM CONFERENCES

This is without a doubt one of the deepest features added to the game in years. With conference membership movements, conference rule changes, and editing BCS bowl tie-ins the combinations you can make in your Dynasty are almost endless. Plus, you can make updates in future years of the Dynasty, which not only allows you to make updates based on changes in the real world, but also allows you to make whatever changes you prefer to see in your Dynasty.

To read more: http://www.ea.com/nc...tom-conferences

DYNASTY

Incoming Prospect Ratings Finally, we've updated the incoming ratings for all generated prospects with a focus on ensuring they are consistent with the recruits on the default roster. Now you won't notice a drop off in overall player talent in future years of the Dynasty when the players on the default roster have graduated. I think you will find that some positions, in particular Kickers and Punters, will be far more accurate this year.

To read more: http://www.ea.com/nc.../dynasty-tuning

CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS

First, let me establish some basics for custom playbooks, and address some of the questions I have seen on the forums. You will be able to create 30 Playbooks, 15 for both Offense and Defense. These Custom Playbooks can be used in Offline and Online Dynasty, any Play Now game, and in Ranked Online games.

To read more: http://www.ea.com/nc...ustom-playbooks

COACHING CAROUSEL

Here is what you get if you pre order from certain places...

EB Games/GameStop have posted their pre-order bonus for NCAA Football 12. Straight from their product page:

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Will this bonus make you more likely to pre-order the game from EB Games or GameStop?

Also on their product page is this brief game description confirming another team specific entrance - Oklahoma's Sooner Schooner:
  • Authentic Gameday Traditions - Feel the true emotion of college football as your team runs onto the field with new pre-game traditions like the Sooner Schooner and Ramblin' Wreck, and celebrate big plays alongside school icons like Chief Osceola, Uga, and Tommy Trojan.
  • Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.
UPDATE: Amazon, Best Buy, & Wal-Mart have posted their pre-order bonuses as well.

Pre-order NCAA Football 12 and get the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide, which is your handbook for the most essential offensive and defensive plays. Discover how and when to use a run play or explore the short, intermediate, and deep passing routes on offense. Understand how different types of plays work, be able to read coverages, and take advantage of everything that NCAA Football 12 has to offer. The guide will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

The Best Buy pre-order bonus:

Exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks (Road to Glory): Your Five Star Quarterback can go from unknown to the most sought-after prospect in the nation. The top schools in the country aren't going to look your way if you are not an elite prospect. While supplies last, when you order NCAA Football 12, you will get a code to access the Best Buy exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks. Access code will arrive in the package with the game.

The Wal-Mart pre-order bonus:

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Wal-Mart's exclusive Recruiting Advisor. In Dynasty your Recruiting Advisor will give you inside information about some of the Prospects you are recruiting. Each week he will point out Prospects that you earn double Recruiting points with, have extra pitch information unlocked, or even be ready to sign with your school on the spot.

Trelvis

Here are a few TCU covers I have found so far...

35aovlz.png

5718896.jpg

kerleyv2.png

JugbandFrog

Finally! Some worthwhile changes. Tio Rana will be pleased.

I just don't get why they spend so much time on things like the coaching carousel...do people really want that? I mean, I would rather they spend time on gameplay and such as opposed to something like that. Oh well, just me.

Trelvis

Some people like just calling plays/doing the coaching and not actually playing.

I just dont like the idea of only controlling one aspect of the team. If you start as an offensive coordinator, thats the only part of the team you can control and you have to meet certain goals, etc...You can only control both sides of the ball once you become a head coach.

Trelvis

Also, dont forget to pre order if you want the TCU Pro Combat uniforms...

EB Games/GameStop have posted their pre-order bonus for NCAA Football 12. Straight from their product page:

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

JugbandFrog

Also, dont forget to pre order if you want the TCU Pro Combat uniforms...

If it is like last year, if you play the demo, you can have the TCU Pro Combats. I think I heard it was the same deal this year.

JugbandFrog

I am so glad I have an Xbox. Other than not having Blu-Ray, it is perhaps the best decision I have made when it comes to consoles. I do wish I could play games like Killzone, but I have Gears of War and Halo.

Who here plays the Xbox version? If you wanna play online when it comes out hit me up at pfcForrest Gump (there is a space between forrest and gump)

Trelvis

Press conference later today

Following EA's Press Conference live on Spike TV at 12:30pm PT/3:30pm ET today, direct yourself to the EA SPORTS @ E3 Pregame Show on http://ustream.tv/EASPORTSLIVE at 1:30pm PT/4:30pm ET. We'll have special guests, surprises and all the freshest info on SSX, Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12 and NCAA Football 12. You won't want to miss this sports fans!

Chongo94

What they need to get rid of and it still amazes me people spend time on that part of the game is the stupid mascot stuff. Quit putting so much energy into the mascot games and maybe you could shore up some bad parts of the real game. That and the stupid intro stuff.

I fast forward through every intro into a game. I don't care one bit to see Ralphie run out or the Oregon Duck ride a Harley out onto the field. Who really cares?

Give me better dynasty stuff and gameplay that crap like that.

Trelvis

What they need to get rid of and it still amazes me people spend time on that part of the game is the stupid mascot stuff. Quit putting so much energy into the mascot games and maybe you could shore up some bad parts of the real game. That and the stupid intro stuff.

I fast forward through every intro into a game. I don't care one bit to see Ralphie run out or the Oregon Duck ride a Harley out onto the field. Who really cares?

Give me better dynasty stuff and gameplay that crap like that.

Im with you on mascot games. Very lame. I like the intros though. I want the game to be as close to real life as possible.

SnoSki

Here's the link to rankings, unit rankings and prestige of all 120 teams...LINK

FWIW:

tcu 14
a- overall
A offense
B+ def
B Special teams
Prestige: 5/6

Baylor prestige is a 2, along with buffalo, rice, tulsa, bowling green, others.. LOL