• The KillerFrogs

new Aggy rumor...

Baja Frog

Maybe Richt is tired of taking all that s____ from the fans for the last couple of years? Not that A&M fans wouldnt be worse

don

BrentZwerneman: Finally got confirmation Mark Richt talk is legit. Should A&M hire him, Bama DC Kirby Smart likely would head to Georgia

FROGDADDY

dude, you'd be just fine with $4 million in cali ... and he wouldn't have to live in college station.

College Station isn't that bad. I suspect those of you who trash it all the time have spent little if any time there. There are much worse places in this state. Lubbock comes to mind.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
College Station isn't that bad. I suspect those of you who trash it all the time have spent little if any time there. There are much worse places in this state. Lubbock comes to mind.
Did anyone notice the tceh basketball player from Vancouver, BC? Now THAT'S culture (and geographic) shock.

[quote name='FROGDADDY'

College Station isn't that bad. I suspect those of you who trash it all the time have spent little

if any time there. There are much worse places in this state. Lubbock comes to mind.

[/quote]

I own acreage in that general area. It's great for cattle...but little else.

However, Lubbock would be seen as a considerable step down. :wink:

steelfrog

Tier 1
Sumlin is buddies with Jim Wilson, the Aggie board member with the most influence on sports matters; Sumlin and Wilson have been meeting since before the firing of the old coach. It will be Sumlin

back_in_black

Moderators

I would agree. I spent many weekends down there in 2003/2004 when my wife and I were dating. I always had fun. I went to several games too and the impression I left with was certainly different than the impression I had prior to spending time there.

Limey Frog

If Mark Richt leaves Athens [which is a fabulous college town, by the way] for College Station my estimation of his intelligence will decline considerably. How many decades for Aggy not winning will it take before the notion that you can actually win there and they have been 'underachieving' will finally die out? We're over a century at this point. That's a very big sample size as far as I'm concerned.

jack the frog

If Mark Richt leaves Athens [which is a fabulous college town, by the way] for College Station my estimation of his intelligence will decline considerably. How many decades for Aggy not winning will it take before the notion that you can actually win there and they have been 'underachieving' will finally die out? We're over a century at this point. That's a very big sample size as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I lived in the Athens area for several years. Beautiful country, beautiful woman, great downtown and very affordable (I bought 7 acres, with new home on the Broad river for 90K). No comparision between College Station and Athens imo.
Just trading one delusion for another. I never got over how those Dawg fans expect an NC every year, despite being a program that has never done much except for a short Herschel run.

FROGDADDY

Agreed. I lived in the Athens area for several years. Beautiful country, beautiful woman, great downtown and very affordable (I bought 7 acres, with new home on the Broad river for 90K). No comparision between College Station and Athens imo.

Athens can't be THAT great if there's only ONE good looking girl there.

Houston Frog

Sumlin is buddies with Jim Wilson, the Aggie board member with the most influence on sports matters; Sumlin and Wilson have been meeting since before the firing of the old coach. It will be Sumlin

I know a couple Aggies who think this whole coaching search with Petersen/Richt (amongst others) is just a charade. They think that Sumlin has been the guy from the get-go, but they want to give off the appearance that they tried their hardest to bring in the biggest names possible.

jack the frog

I know a couple Aggies who think this whole coaching search with Petersen/Richt (amongst others) is just a charade. They think that Sumlin has been the guy from the get-go, but they want to give off the appearance that they tried their hardest to bring in the biggest names possible.

Leave it to the Aggies to attempt to give the appearance of a competent inclusive coach search.
I hope it is Petersen for a couple of reasons.

JimSwinkLives!

I can believe that.

Big Frog II

The Aggies have conducted a worldwide search to hire Sumlin out of Houston. Sounds like the big hire they needed to make, a coach that couldn't win CUSA with a 6th year QB. Congratulations Aggies.