• The KillerFrogs

Nepotism R Us!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Followed by two of the worst efforts in TCU football history.
I had wondered if the Frogs had learned anything from the GA beating. My hope was that they would develop a take care of business attitude, play with poise and confidence.

Nope.

All this blather about "overreacting" is a load of crap. This team played listlessly, acted as if all was new, and set the whole program into a dead stall. Whatever it was that got us to the National Championship has gone away. We're lucky to win 5 games. Utterly embarrassing.

Cal’s Sam Jackson hurt his non-throwing left shoulder and was in a sling one minute into the second quarter at North Texas today. He was 3 of 4 and ran three times for 18 yards including a 13 yard carry.

Duggan — He loved TCU and playing for the school, its students and fans. I think because of all the QB trophies he gathered, the Cinderella season and Chandler Morris and Sam Jackson waiting for their turns, he may have felt obliged to move on — being a team player again even though he may have loved to play another year. He knew it might be an uphill battle in the NFL. Bo Nix came back for his 5th season after starting for four seasons—three at Auburn and last year at Oregon.

Duggan took care of the ball and that led to a 12-0 season. Only 3 interceptions in those 12 games - unbelievable. Then he threw a critical interception in the endzone in the CCG and TCU lost the turnover battle and thus that game versus Kansas State. He threw two interceptions in each of the playoff games.

Morris had two picks today and was lucky he didn’t have another, and his accuracy was not good. His penultimate pass should have been an easy completion on 3rd and 9 to continue the final drive for the win, and he missed it. The 4th down play was crappy and came up short.

Good news is, Morris did not get battered/hurt and is ready to go again. And I mean that as good news, TCU needs him now that Duggan and Jackson are gone. We really didn’t get to see Jackson play last year which seems unfortunate (5 for 5 passing for 63 yards and 9 runs for 64 yards). I maybe saw more of him in his spring game highlights at Cal.

Last edited:

LVH

How many games do you think TCU wins last year with CM as QB??
QJ single handedly won us the Oklahoma State game
I had wondered if the Frogs had learned anything from the GA beating. My hope was that they would develop a take care of business attitude, play with poise and confidence.

Nope.

All this blather about "overreacting" is a load of crap. This team played listlessly, acted as if all was new, and set the whole program into a dead stall. Whatever it was that got us to the National Championship has gone away. We're lucky to win 5 games. Utterly embarrassing.
We played like we won the national title and spent all off-season circle jerking each other on how great we are

SMOKEY IV

Considering most of Deion‘s 80+ players hit the field together for the first this spring, he put a team together in 5-6 months that beat the National Champ runner up. Oooofff

FrogBall09

We are TWO games removed from the greatest moment in TCU football history in 80+ years.
and have lost 3 of the last 4 in that stretch - 3 of which we should have won but only managed 1 while enduring the most embarrassing loss in major college football in the last 20 years.....

but there was a trend over those games - our defense was terrible in all of them. in the win, the difference was Michigan was the one with the turnovers in the redzone not TCU and Bud Clark executed vs getting beat like he did yesterday.

Unfortunately the guy who kept us in the B12 Championship and held the team together against Michigan is gone.

2themax

This team has reloaded on offense and to think they should be comparable to last year's squad is unrealistic.
Granted they did appear listless at times, but it's still a team that is in its first year of a new offense (again) with inexperienced starters at qb, rb and wr. Basically no real significant game reps at the skilled positions.
The lack of chemistry with the outside wr's was very noticeable.
Don't have the #'s on the rotations, but I did notice depth players being challenged on defense. I'm guessing those coverages are pretty complex. They had a few costly blown assignments.
The loss is a disappointment to say the least, but there's lots of work left to be done.
Still looking for those alphas on both sides of the ball.
Hopefully the staff can find a balance with playing depth and winning games before conference play starts.
So let's all get those forks out, hold our noses and choke down this humble pie.

SMOKEY IV

They beat a program that was the runner up not the team. Far different team.
You should be able to bring 2/3 of your team back that finished the previous yr ranked #2 and beat a team that has 87 new players that have been together for a few months. TCU’s decision not to work the portal for another QB will be the real season killer.

Double D

Tier 1
The O line is not where it needs to be. This was obvious versus CU and their much smaller D line.
We really miss big Steve Avila at LG. I don't think the RG can cut it either.