• The KillerFrogs

Neinas: Big 12 OPEN to expansion in Texas

cdsfrog

BYU announcing a 12-year series full of October games would seem to indicate they want to stay with independence. But who knows for sure.

I dont understand how, but cougars are claiming a deal was completed with the big 12 approximately 30 min ago. To be announced early as friday. Color me skeptic, doesnt make sense with the boise deal.

TCURiggs

I dont understand how, but cougars are claiming a deal was completed with the big 12 approximately 30 min ago. To be announced early as friday. Color me skeptic, doesnt make sense with the boise deal.

The actual animals are claiming this? Sounds dangerous.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Tarleton State is announcing their are going FBS and they have been invited to and accepted Big 12 invite. So glad my goal of seeng my daughter attend BCS school is coming true.

cdsfrog

The actual animals are claiming this? Sounds dangerous.

:D

lol this big time sports little tweets without double checking everything. Here you go

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio "@DrDaveKimball: @brovery: I've just been informed by attorney with #BYU ties deal to #BIG12 has been completed." // Hope he's right. http://twitter.com/#!/GSwaim/status/119226227688091648

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio @ @brovery Other than that interesting tweet, I'm hearing #BYU board and LDS wanting independence, but we'll see. Offer has been made.
This tweet was 10 min later

Stiff Arm Frog

meanwhile...Boise and BYU just extended their series to 2023

http://byucougars.co...football-series

which got writers thinking.....
@McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy
10 of BYU's 12 games w/Boise will be played in October. Could that be a sign BYU not headed to Big 12?

BYU would know have Boise, Utah plus a big 12 conference slate if they joined...now that's a schedule!

the plot thickens....

BYU signed a long series with Boise? Didn't they just leave the MWC because they didn't want to be in a conference with Boise?

Oh, Mormons. . .:rolleyes:

Dogfrog

I continue to be baffled at why people think that it's so necessary for them to pretend that they're interested in TCU. If they choose someone instead of us it doesn't necessarily mean that we didn't have a chance or were blocked by Texas schools. It could simply mean that they liked the other candidate more. If they expand to 10 why isn't it possible that we're the 2nd team on the list? Everyone acts like if we don't get in it's because there is some conspiracy to screw us when it's also entirely possible that we could be strongly considered by everyone in the league to be an attractive candidate but they just like another school more.

Who said anything about a conspiracy or trying to screw us? The B12 is in the entertainment business and the are sensitive to how the public perceives them. I think there is enough general support for TCU that they just don't want the public to believe that TCU was never considered. What's so hard to understand?

FROGDADDY

Who said anything about a conspiracy or trying to screw us? The B12 is in the entertainment business and the are sensitive to how the public perceives them. I think there is enough general support for TCU that they just don't want the public to believe that TCU was never considered. What's so hard to understand?
ONE statement at the press conference finalizing the expansion would be just as effective as an orchestrated weeks/months long campaign of misinformation. Why go to all the trouble?