• The KillerFrogs

Most heralded signee that missed...

Froginbedford

For those 70’s era Frogs (like me) you may recall former TCU Skiff writer & now big-shot at Texas Monthly Skip Hollingsworth wrote an excellent in-depth article in TM about Ronnie coming to TCU in our dreary, dark years & just got ate up by our old SWC foes defenses.

I remember Littleton in the ?1973? Arkansas game at TCU....Halftime, TCU was ahead 13-0, and when it was necessary to pick up 2-3 yards for a first down, Littleton did it....But evidently he wore down in the third quarter and the Hogs scored 4 TDs (maybe one in late 3rd Q) in the second half to win 28-13....And I do remember Hollingsworth's piece....

TheFDN

More recently-

Aundre Dean- RB. Transfer from UCLA, Parade All American. Contributed some but was always buried in the depth chart.
Tyler Matthews- QB. 4 star from Kansas.
Kolby Griffin- DB. Not sure why he couldn't get on the field. Injury? Seemed like a good teammate though.
Griffin Gilbert- TE. HS All American. Bad offense for a tight end.

Eight

you young ones don't know good names. why back in my day we had some real names i tell you like the smith brothers from houston

allanda was the older brother and romeo was the younger. some might recall romeo had the interception return for a touchdown to help beat texas

robbroyy

For what we thought he’d be, how about Pachall? Was supposed to be the first big time QB coming in under Patterson and take the program to bigger heights than Dalton.

Chongo94

Personally, I always felt Pachall was affected more by an overzealous public and police force than his physical abilities not being up to the task. He was good and looked poised to be very good until all that happened. I guess given that that did indeed happen and he wasn’t the same after, you could include him, however.

SwissArmyFrog

...part of that class with jiles, delaney, davis, newton, sullivan, and the big d-tackle from eastern hills.

I believe that would be Mitchell Benson. As I recall, he did pretty well for us, and was drafted by the Colts. 2 seasons there and 1 at San Diego.

IdiotsAlert

big offensive lineman (~6' 8" , 280 back in the mid 80's) from minnesota who i believe was wacker's nephew. another parade high school aa and i think part of that class with jiles, delaney, davis, newton, sullivan, and the big d-tackle from eastern hills.

i believe rob had back problems and never played that i recall.

Wrong class Phenix was with Kelly Blackwell, Rob McWright, Jordy Reynolds, Charlie Honea, etc.along with some kid named Chris Thomsen.... Phenix and Reynolds were though to be the big gets in that class when they signed. Ray Sewalt was the recruiting coordinator then.

TX_Krötenechse

Some recent ones:

- Tyler Matthews ... highly regarded 4* that did exactly nothing at TCU
- Foster Sawyer ... ditto, although he did at least get some game time
- Isaiah Chambers ... another high 4*, transfered out for family reasons
- Jordan Moore ... not a highly ranked recruit but this board loved him due to his athleticism. He was always on the verge of becoming our best player, seemed like
- Deshawn Raymond ... the highest ranked player in our 2015 class, struggled with injuries and learning the position. As far as I can recall, never played a meaningful down
- Ryan Parker actually signed with us twice, once as a high 3* out of HS and again as the #2 JUCO player in the country, was super talented, but never made it to campus
- Tyree Horton was going to be THE answer at LB and people were speculating on how to fill the gap when he left early for the NFL ... never made it to campus as far as I know, certainly never played

These are all from the past five years, and I could’ve easily added another few names that were widely discussed in Frog fandom from those classes (Vinny Ascolese, Mike Freeze, KeShawn Somerville, Ty Barrett, etc). There are always a lot of misses in recruiting.

Frog-in-law1995

Some recent ones:

- Tyler Matthews ... highly regarded 4* that did exactly nothing at TCU
- Foster Sawyer ... ditto, although he did at least get some game time
- Isaiah Chambers ... another high 4*, transfered out for family reasons
- Jordan Moore ... not a highly ranked recruit but this board loved him due to his athleticism. He was always on the verge of becoming our best player, seemed like
- Deshawn Raymond ... the highest ranked player in our 2015 class, struggled with injuries and learning the position. As far as I can recall, never played a meaningful down
- Ryan Parker actually signed with us twice, once as a high 3* out of HS and again as the #2 JUCO player in the country, was super talented, but never made it to campus
- Tyree Horton was going to be THE answer at LB and people were speculating on how to fill the gap when he left early for the NFL ... never made it to campus as far as I know, certainly never played

These are all from the past five years, and I could’ve easily added another few names that were widely discussed in Frog fandom from those classes (Vinny Ascolese, Mike Freeze, KeShawn Somerville, Ty Barrett, etc). There are always a lot of misses in recruiting.

Jordan Moore was a highly ranked 4 star with offers to pretty much everywhere (except Bama and Georgia).

Latest posts