• The KillerFrogs

Media Deal

Obvious Troll

^^ Yes, definitely. However,

$380 million split 12 ways is $31 million and change per team.
The B10 contract is $1billion split 16 ways, or $62.5 million per team.

That's more than double.
What is the B10 plan to remain competitive/relevant?
Just do more with less?

Cougar/Frog

Amazing that even with losing OUT, this payout increased. There was a whole lot of talk about previously about how the B12 was going to go down in revenue. Adding teams right away helped. And USC/UCLA leaving the PAC helped.

But getting the new media savvy commissioner was key.

The PAC likely won't get this type of deal.

helcap

^^ Yes, definitely. However,

$380 million split 12 ways is $31 million and change per team.
The B10 contract is $1billion split 16 ways, or $62.5 million per team.

That's more than double.
What is the B10 plan to remain competitive/relevant?
Just do more with less?
NIL money comes from boosters,not the school

Still gathering details, but a few notes to keep in mind based on what I know:

- Tier 3 rights are included in this deal, and are staying with ESPN. A little football, some Basketball, and Tier 3 content will all remain on ESPN+.
- Seeing reports there is a pro-rata clause for new members and expansion… I’ll need to see the language first to know if that’s right.
- The deal outlines and language are mostly done, but this hasn’t been approved by the Presidents yet. That vote, and a GOR contract for all remaining 12 members, is expected in days/weeks.
- Fox picking up a chunk of Big 12 basketball is very interesting, and underscores what I and others have said: Basketball is an often ignored area of value that the league should leverage more… I’m guessing Brett and his advisors did that here.
- I’ve seen somewhere that the league will now “only be on cable.” This isn’t true, games will be eligible for placement on the two broadcast networks (ABC and FOX) and on ESPN+ too.

And finally, based on this deal construct, Texas and OU aren’t leaving early easily. Looks like they will stay through the end, or pay out of their own pockets.

LVH

Still gathering details, but a few notes to keep in mind based on what I know:

- Tier 3 rights are included in this deal, and are staying with ESPN. A little football, some Basketball, and Tier 3 content will all remain on ESPN+.
- Seeing reports there is a pro-rata clause for new members and expansion… I’ll need to see the language first to know if that’s right.
- The deal outlines and language are mostly done, but this hasn’t been approved by the Presidents yet. That vote, and a GOR contract for all remaining 12 members, is expected in days/weeks.
- Fox picking up a chunk of Big 12 basketball is very interesting, and underscores what I and others have said: Basketball is an often ignored area of value that the league should leverage more… I’m guessing Brett and his advisors did that here.
- I’ve seen somewhere that the league will now “only be on cable.” This isn’t true, games will be eligible for placement on the two broadcast networks (ABC and FOX) and on ESPN+ too.

And finally, based on this deal construct, Texas and OU aren’t leaving early easily. Looks like they will stay through the end, or pay out of their own pockets.
I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to UT and OU staying until the end.