• The KillerFrogs

March Madness Thread

finafrog

Absolutely I have. And I've seen top women play against top men. It's not the same sport. Just compare the heights and weights of any D1 men's team against UConn. They're not playing the same game.
who won the college 3-pt contest? #notsamegame???

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
steph currie says hello. and our own jamie dixon (6' 1'', 160 in college). #thisisnotwrestling

There's no doubt the ladies are talented, good athletes, and a good women's team is fun to watch. But even the worst men's team is taller, stronger, and faster, at every position. The best women's player in history (I'll let you argue who that is) couldn't make the NBA D-League.

finafrog

get 5 players of your choice from our football team (taller, stronger, faster, whatever), I'll bet you they lose vs tcu lady frogs, let alone uconn. bball is a game of skill, which we often forget watching nba.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
get 5 players of your choice from our football team (taller, stronger, faster, whatever), I'll bet you they lose vs tcu lady frogs, let alone uconn. bball is a game of skill, which we often forget watching nba.

That's absurd. How about 5 shotputters? Or 5 equestrians?

A team of 5 D-1 men's basketball position players would beat any 5 women's players. This is a silly argument. Just ridiculous.

finafrog

Absolutely I have. And I've seen top women play against top men. It's not the same sport. Just compare the heights and weights of any D1 men's team against UConn. They're not playing the same game.

That's absurd. How about 5 shotputters? Or 5 equestrians?

A team of 5 D-1 men's basketball position players would beat any 5 women's players. This is a silly argument. Just ridiculous.

negative, but to each their own. you were arguing initially that uconn women would lose by 50 to the 250th men's team. i call that ridiculous. peace out.

HG73

That's just silly. The 250th men's team would beat the UConn women by 50 points. Bigger, taller, stronger, faster. It would be like a FCS football team against a national all-star junior high football team. It doesn't matter how talented the JH team would be, how disciplined they were, they'd just be too small, slow, and weak.

I'll go one step further, most any decent HIGH SCHOOL team beats the UCONN women. The decent high school team will have 4-5 guys who can dunk, UCONN doesn't have any. The HS boys will just take them down low and dunk over them. Much bigger defenders. No disrespect, love the women's game, but....

netty2424

Gonzaga vs North Carolina in the finals. Two teams were given a real true opportunity to play themselves into the finals. No politics, no corruption, no bull. Let the teams face off and play their way in.

CFPSC can learn so much from this format, obviously on a smaller scale for football, but let the best teams fight it out.

Gonzaga vs North Carolina in the finals. Two teams were given a real true opportunity to play themselves into the finals. No politics, no corruption, no bull. Let the teams face off and play their way in.

CFPSC can learn so much from this format, obviously on a smaller scale for football, but let the best teams fight it out.
If you pay attention to ESPN, which I don't do much anymore, you will notice there is no agenda on college basketball to influence support for one team or conference. They all get in. The analyst actually try and use an objective approach.

Saturdays during college football season are the greatest sporting day in the world. It would be great to get all of the agendas and ESPN hype removed from that.

Chico Dusty

5 guys from the football team would blow the lady frogs out, no question. You obviously have not been around any TCU intramural, pick up basketball in the last 10 years. For comparison, when I was there, the lady frogs were a top 25 team and they would ask for some guys to practice with them to get used to playing against bigger bodies - so you're having guys that are not D-1 atheletes beat them soundly

Pharm Frog

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away (San Angelo), the #6 ranked D2 women's basketball team needed someone to practice against before students returned to campus after Christmas break. They had a group of guys that they practiced with on occasion but they weren't back yet. About the only people available were the Central HS boy's team. They were willing to help until the AD learned that it would have been a violation of all sorts of NCAA rules and I heard against UIL rules too. That left them with a group of RA's from one of the hi rise residence halls. Suffice it say that the RA's handled them soundly and only two of them had played high school basketball past their sophomore year. I know this for a fact. I was the 5' 11.75" high post (yes...that was a thing back then). That team went on to lose in the quarterfinals IIRC.

No slight at all. It's just a completely different game played at a completely different speed and height and physicality.

I will also note that Cheryl Swoopes was in San Angelo a lot while I was there. She was married to an ASU athlete in the mid-late '90's. She played a lot of pick-up basketball in the old gym with male basketball players and football players who wanted to run the court. She was routinely the 8th to 10th best player on the court. If I had been running with them, she would have never been lower than 9th. That's for sure. Interestingly she entered the news again last year after being fired from a college coaching gig among allegations of abusive behavior towards players. Not sure how all of that was resolved.