• The KillerFrogs

Lupton upgrades?

Dogfrog

Disagree. Lupton is where homeruns go to die. It's amazing we're able to recruit the bats we do...especially Kron and Luken. We don't need a launching pad but something slightly more hitter-friendly would be ideal and positioning a field on the IM fields would do just that along with being able to build out a really nice stadium with all the bells and whistles instead if continuing to piecemeal Lupton.
Wouldn’t that make it where pitchers go to die?

NewFrogFan

The school could have capped GA tickets at whatever number they wanted.

And let me amend to say “concourse” in my mind also includes the bathrooms, placement of concession, etc.
The bathroom situation has been a disaster forever. How does a design that has one door on a bathroom get approved, let alone built.

It took close to 3 innings for the only bathroom break on day #1. The concession lines just made sure we ate somewhere else before the game on day #2.

Paint It Purple

Lupton is a palace compared to the real dump we played in prior to it. I do kind of miss the old purple cement wall, however…
Agree. I was being over the top. Lupton is good, but it doesn't match the success of the program, and the day is coming when it won't match the expectations of the caliber of program we hope to maintain.

BTW: I spent 3 years in the dugout at the old TCU DIAMOND, so I know it well. It might surprise folks, but other than DishFaulk and Arkansas (which both were brand new) the rest of the SWC ballparks were much worse than TCU's

Eight

Agree. I was being over the top. Lupton is good, but it doesn't match the success of the program, and the day is coming when it won't match the expectations of the caliber of program we hope to maintain.

BTW: I spent 3 years in the dugout at the old TCU DIAMOND, so I know it well. It might surprise folks, but other than DishFaulk and Arkansas (which both were brand new) the rest of the SWC ballparks were much worse than TCU's

didn't uta play at a city park at one time?

FWSTC Hfrog

Very true about TCU Diamond. Dutton Street Park at Baylor was the worst. Dugouts about the size of a Little League field. It was the site of one of the more memorable brawls (which back then occurred a couple of Fridays a season in the SWC days).

Eight

That may be SMU that you are thinking of. They played at Riverchon Park. Would love to be have been a fly on the wall to listen to the UT fans gripe about the facilities.

the horns park prior to the disch had a freaking white stone cliff in centerfield with a goat trail an outfielder could use to get to the top

Paint It Purple

Very true about TCU Diamond. Dutton Street Park at Baylor was the worst. Dugouts about the size of a Little League field. It was the site of one of the more memorable brawls (which back then occurred a couple of Fridays a season in the SWC days).
When you spit on Gene Burton from the stands, while he's standing in the on deck circle....yeah it's on. He took off running and we caught up with him underneath the bleachers.

Windegger, was like, "WTH" where'd everybody go?