• The KillerFrogs

Listening to 105.3 the rage

norm is a piece of work, a degenerate gambler like me :biggrin:

i can see how newbies would think hes a little crazy but i like him, some crazy stats he comes up with, id take him over galloway anyday, galloway always has an agenda, norm not so much

I love Norm. I have been listening to him almost my entire life. I miss the days of him doing home games on HSE with Merle Harmon in extreme low-def. He is a real treasure. He tells a story about once a year of a fan getting hit by a foul ball and then getting hit again while being wheeled out on stretcher. I literally heard him tell that story in person twice three years apart to Scott Murray when I just happened to be sitting behind them at the old stadium. My dad was notoriously cheap (still is) and we NEVER sat in reserved. I won tickets to both those games by answering a trivia question...once on HSE and once from Ted Dawson. Both times I just happened to be sitting behind the two of them and those games represented probably 40% of the games I sat in reserved.

The Ticket has an interesting dilemma. Because locker room access is getting tougher to come by and media relations people don't want to deal with their shtick anymore, programming has to decide if they want to bring in a well-known BSD from the media, or if they want to be entirely out of the loop in the sports arena and rely almost exclusively on bits.

I think Doocy would be a great replacement. Maybe even him and Rhads. Mike is hilarious when he fills in and Rhad's isn't that bad. Followill will be a semi-permenant fixture until the NBA gets its act together.

Frogs1983

True. They actually tried to be sports experts and it never came across as believable...baseball was the only sport that they could be taken seriously about. Now, they just don't give a damn. So yes, even though I really don't like Corby I think it's a better listening product.

False-Corby has his nose stuck up OU's [Gary Danielson]! Half the sports he actually talks about is OU crap.He needs to move to Oklahoma City if he wants to gush over OU so much.

frogfan72

False-Corby has his nose stuck up OU's [Gary Danielson]! Half the sports he actually talks about is OU crap.He needs to move to Oklahoma City if he wants to gush over OU so much.

Not true. He will talk OU, but it's not half of the sports he talks about.

jmcbryde

Grubes is the secret weapon.

+1

Grubes, Dan and Bob are the main reasons I listen. All of the shows can be pretty entertaining but BaD radio definitely has the best balance of sports talk and bits. The fact that someone can make their living being a "sports humorist" is genius (Dan).

It was either last year or the year before that Corby made the trip to a TCU game and was gushing about it the next week. Talking about how the DFW area has major college football in its backyard. I think he's had his head up OU's butt that he hasn't realized what we have going on here. Hopefully he's coming around but he will always be a OU homer.

DMFWTX

+1

Grubes, Dan and Bob are the main reasons I listen. All of the shows can be pretty entertaining but BaD radio definitely has the best balance of sports talk and bits. The fact that someone can make their living being a "sports humorist" is genius (Dan).

It was either last year or the year before that Corby made the trip to a TCU game and was gushing about it the next week. Talking about how the DFW area has major college football in its backyard. I think he's had his head up OU's butt that he hasn't realized what we have going on here. Hopefully he's coming around but he will always be a OU homer.

+2

Grubes is genius.

I can tolerate BaD Radio, but Dan constantly whips me.

roddog

Banned

not a fan of corby either, such a ou homer, i cant stand it when someone who didnt go to a school always says we, we, we!