• The KillerFrogs

Listening to 105.3 the rage

I actually like Corby. He doesn't try to hide the fact that he's an OU fan but he's had plenty of good things to say about TCU lately.

But he's still overall clueless about the goings-on along University Drive.

This. Greggo only has a job because 105.3 is desperately trying to steal market share from The Ticket. He gets his info from the same place you and I do.

Bruce Gilbert, the Ticket's 2nd PD and the one who helped build the station into the ratings giant it is, is the PD at the Fan now. They were stealing bits from KTCK well before he got there but it's become blatantly plageristic as of late. Every sing show is a worthless piece of crap. I liked Lewin when he was the PBP guy for the Rangers but him and Elf are only the second worst thing on radio behind the morning show. I kind of feel bad for Jasmine b/c she actually is quite knowledgable about sports and is a real sweetheart of a girl.

FROGDADDY

But he's still overall clueless about the goings-on along University Drive.

Agree. I don't think he cares that much so he doesn't make much of an effort. I'm OK with that. I'd rather he be open about the fact that he's OU first than act like Greggo does when he says he's a TCU fan and then craps on us.

DMFWTX

The flow/chemistry on rage doesn't work for me. I can listen to Greggo most of the time, but Richie Witt kills me, he cannot carry the show.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Couple things....

Greggo does have friends inside the department who talk to him. Not as much as Randy does, however.

Galloway has taken Greggo's spot as the primary TCU proponent in local sports talk radio.

Those of you who follow local talk radio know The Fan is a beating, but they are incredibly aggressive. Bruce was big, but so was Lewin. They also bought a bar and are opening a Fan bar in Dallas soon. Dont be surprised when another Ticket host "retires" soon, only to show up on the Fan within 6 months.

I think they are third rate talk, but RAGE can be ok at times. What will help is when Richie is not renewed in the next year, and they put Ian F with Greggo. They are old buds.

I can't believe Richie has lasted his long. They should have kept Greg Hill way back when instead of renewing Witt.

The only two close to retiring are Norm and Rhyner. Rhynes almost left a couple years ago but I think that ship has sailed. Corby and Danny are loyal to the ticket. Mike has it made there. He'll never have the same chemistry with anyone else and he has the freedom he'll never have at the Fan. I think most P1s will see it as a betrayal and not follow him to the FM side. Many of his co-workers will too. Mike is now divorced (again) and his daughter lives in LA. The Ticket is his family. Petty Theft has become a chore. He'll have to work harder at the Fan and his side project will take a back seat. If he leaves The Ticket all he'll have left is dinosaurs, his penis, baseball, and a worn out VHS tape of Butt Bongo Fiesta. Additionally, he'll be near and around Greggo.

Greggo's been given more chances than he deserves. Shows you how great of a gig the Ticket is for those guys. I do believe he loves TCU, he's by no means an authority on any "inside" info.

And for the record, I think Rhynes still enjoys the band thing. One to two gigs a month isn't much, even factoring in the rehersal time. They seemed into it last Friday at Lee Harvey's.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
August Radio Ratings....

Ticket: 2.8 share, 336,000 avg listeners

ESPN: 2.3 share, 574,000 avg listeners

The Fan: 1.9 share, 394,000 avg listeners

The listeners are total per day, 6am-12pm

I cant post the more in depth numbers, but ESPN has stronger numbers amongst males 18-56 than the Ticket.

Ticket has been talking a move to FM for awhile. They need too, Fan and ESPN have come a long way fom 5 years ago. Very interesting.

August Radio Ratings....

Ticket: 2.8 share, 336,000 avg listeners

ESPN: 2.3 share, 574,000 avg listeners

The Fan: 1.9 share, 394,000 avg listeners

The listeners are total per day, 6am-12pm

I cant post the more in depth numbers, but ESPN has stronger numbers amongst males 18-56 than the Ticket.

Ticket has been talking a move to FM for awhile. They need too, Fan and ESPN have come a long way fom 5 years ago. Very interesting.

How many of those #s are from 7-11 listening to the Rangers? Let's see how they do in November.

Also, the Ticket is the most listened to station in the world among on-line listeners.

FWIW, they've been on FM for over about 10 years now. The signal sucks but so does 103.3's.

I considered Norm but how much would he really bring to the Fan? Their average listener doesn't get Norm. He's old school. They're so-called 'New School.' P1s embraced Norm b/c he had been the brunt of Tiket jokes for 7-8 years and he embraced it when he came over from KLIF.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
How many of those #s are from 7-11 listening to the Rangers? Let's see how they do in November.

Also, the Ticket is the most listened to station in the world among on-line listeners.

FWIW, they've been on FM for over about 10 years now. The signal sucks but so does 103.3's.

I considered Norm but how much would he really bring to the Fan? Their average listener doesn't get Norm. He's old school. They're so-called 'New School.' P1s embraced Norm b/c he had been the brunt of Tiket jokes for 7-8 years and he embraced it when he came over from KLIF.

The Rangers numbers are included in the numbers... But they paid for it, they make money off it, it should count.

That stat they throw out is skewed, but I won't argue it.

They are not measured as an FM station, there call station is on AM. They need a permanent move to a powerful signal.

103.3 is in the process of moving towers. Ganna be blasting loud soon.

roddog

Banned

norm is a piece of work, a degenerate gambler like me :biggrin:

i can see how newbies would think hes a little crazy but i like him, some crazy stats he comes up with, id take him over galloway anyday, galloway always has an agenda, norm not so much

DickBumpastache

Norm's ratings have been slowly but steadily declining. I assume its because his followers are getting old and dying off. But if The Ticket is replacing him, IMO it better be with someone who has a ton of cred in the area. At this point I'm not really sure who that would be. Rhads? Bill Jones? Dale Hansen was already a failed experiment and Galloway aint walking through that door.

The Ticket has an interesting dilemma. Because locker room access is getting tougher to come by and media relations people don't want to deal with their shtick anymore, programming has to decide if they want to bring in a well-known BSD from the media, or if they want to be entirely out of the loop in the sports arena and rely almost exclusively on bits.