• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Filed An Amended Petition

Frogs1983

Doctson needs to be back on the mainland working on hanging on to the football when he catches it instead of partying in Hawaii.

Moose Stuff

I’m not even the least bit bothered by the potential of anything Listenbee has brought up being true. I assume ALL of it is true and simply don’t care. He’s gonna have to dig up something way worse than “coach told me if I don’t play I will lose my starting spot, and then he yelled at me, and then he made me sit in coach, and then I was sad” before I give even half a darn. SMH.

BABYFACE

I guess my sophomore daughter better file a lawsuit against me for having her play in tournament slightly hurt.

Only had 11 for a weekend softball tournament this past October. Down to 9 on that Sunday. One got sick, and a family emergency for the other. My daughter took a hard blow to the back of your hand on Saturday. Nothing broken, just a little swollen and sore. With only 9 players going into Sunday’s bracket, she had to play, rest was not an option. If I would have had the full team there, I could have rested her Sunday.

My gist is that from High School on, you are expected to play through bumps and bruises. This was nothing new for KL when he got to TCU.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
that picture is legendary in houston when you start talking rick smith draft failures. sam montgomery was a third round pick of the texans and got released mid-season for an undisclosed rules violation. the only reason he made the roster is he was a 3rd round pick and smith would not cut one of his early picks no matter how [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty.

not an attorney either and i have no freaking clue what the strategy here is including a guy like maponga and cam white who was medically discharged from tcu. guess trying to force a settlement.

I still cannot figure out why Smith was around for so long. The guy was absolutely a train-wreck as a GM...

Moose Stuff

I guess my sophomore daughter better file a lawsuit against me for having her play in tournament slightly hurt.

Only had 11 for a weekend softball tournament this past October. Down to 9 on that Sunday. One got sick, and a family emergency for the other. My daughter took a hard blow to the back of your hand on Saturday. Nothing broken, just a little swollen and sore. With only 9 players going into Sunday’s bracket, she had to play, rest was not an option. If I would have had the full team there, I could have rested her Sunday.

My gist is that from High School on, you are expected to play through bumps and bruises. This was nothing new for KL when he got to TCU.

Yep. Nothing new for anyone who has ever played just about any sport. Hell, my oldest daughter danced an entire competitive dance season her senior year in HS knowing she had a broken bone in her foot and knowing she could make it worse. She was basically in tears after every routine. Never once considered not dancing. Any athlete not willing to make some sort of sacrifice like this probably shouldn’t be playing.

Opintel

Moderators
Life is not that different from these sports analogies, and I think Listenbee is missing the point. If a person is not willing to go 100% during the tough parts, then success is not coming their way. He's twisted this in such a way that victory, even if winning something in this lawsuit, will escape him. Talk to some of our Military members.

Which leads me to this - I worked for my father when young, once when I had a 102 degree temperature I tried to take the day off. He told me I could be sick just as easily at work as I could at home.

I had a very productive day.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Yep. Nothing new for anyone who has ever played just about any sport. Hell, my oldest daughter danced an entire competitive dance season her senior year in HS knowing she had a broken bone in her foot and knowing she could make it worse. She was basically in tears after every routine. Never once considered not dancing. Any athlete not willing to make some sort of sacrifice like this probably shouldn’t be playing.
Man, Listenbee is a [ muschi ].

BleedNPurple

Alright- kind of a string dogpile - football is a tough sport. If coaches catered and kissed every ouchie you wouldn’t be able to field a team. Pro’s have limited tolerance - if you run a sub 4.3 we might give you two years to get well and collect a bigger check than we should have given you.

It happens and guys come back and fulfill the rest of their contract and all parties are happy.

When things don’t work out guessing it’s human nature to want to blame everyone but yourself. Think I was 23 before I learned that little life lesson.

KL had a good career at TCU - probably even better at track. Have to believe a big chunk of this is called Mother Nature - same force that robs many a 20 year old of their 100 mph fastball and the other 2 pitches they had at 18.

Chico Dusty

Yeh I guess I am now curious if Green, Doctson and Gray are still very pro-TCU. Wonder if they show up to pro day..... I saw Green at a game this past season.

AG and Doc spent some time at the facilities this year around bowl time, so yeah, they’re still reppin’

Last edited:

TX_Krötenechse

Yeh I guess I am now curious if Green, Doctson and Gray are still very pro-TCU. Wonder if they show up to pro day..... I saw Green at a game this past season.
Can’t speak for Gray but Doctson and Green are very pro-TCU on social media, and I know Doctson at least has been around the football team some over the past few years.