• The KillerFrogs

It begins - Carrington to Arizona State

Wexahu

I've become pretty much numb to all the coach and player movement.

If Riley moves on, fine. It's inevitable soon anyway. We'll find a replacement and he'll probably be a pretty good one.

Wexahu

I'll add.....having this early signing date on December 21st was one of the most ill-advised moves the NCAA has made, and that's saying something.

Not sure what purpose it serves, other than cause massive coaching staff overhauls prior to the season being over with, not to mention burden staffs with recruiting during the middle of trying to prepare for their last game of the season.

It'd be like the NFL having their draft in January. Just stupid.

Cougar/Frog

I'll add.....having this early signing date on December 21st was one of the most ill-advised moves the NCAA has made, and that's saying something.

Not sure what purpose it serves, other than cause massive coaching staff overhauls prior to the season being over with, not to mention burden staffs with recruiting during the middle of trying to prepare for their last game of the season.

It'd be like the NFL having their draft in January. Just stupid.
It definitely needs to change with the transfer portal and NIL.

LVH

scheiss aggie fans and the websites that crank out those lists

they have about as much impact on the actual decision as this board did in hiring sonny

the 1,000 lb gorilla for anyone taking the oc job at atm is jimbo, his [ Finebaum ]ty offense , and his high 8 figure buyout
Ole Miss fans were saying they would be able to get Sonny if Lane left because they would just back the truck up to him, that combined with coaching in the SEC meant it would be a sure thing

Eight

Another example of why I think it's REALLY strange for recruits to attend a school because of their relationship with an assistant coach, much less an assistant coach that is relatively low on the totem poll. And it seems to happen all the time.

Also, does anyone have any possible names that would be a good replacement?

he doesn't game plan and isn't a position coach for the frogs so no impact on michigan game

as far as replacements, i trust sonny, he already replaced samples and the d-line coach with two good options

CountryFrog

agree on his part, but i never really understood the move by the rams

everything i heard about him is he is a relationship guy and not a creative guy like the oc at howard or someone with extensive coaching experience
Exactly and that's why I felt you could see this coming all along. I'm not surprised at all that it didn't work. I'm only slightly surprised that it was so bad that they let him go with several games left although I guess their season is totally shot anyway.

dawg

We're going to find out what it's like to have competent assistants for a change instead of career deadweights.

As others have said, Sonny will find good replacements.

illini_frog

Good guy to have on staff and grateful for the work he did for us, best of luck to him at Arizona State.

A guy we NEED to get to TCU is Marco Regalado at Rice University. Has massive experience coaching all over the state of Texas and has relationships everywhere, and he's helped bring in recruits at Washington State and now Rice since he made the jump to college. He's gonna succeed wherever he goes so if we have the chance to get him in purple we need to do it.

Eight

Good guy to have on staff and grateful for the work he did for us, best of luck to him at Arizona State.

A guy we NEED to get to TCU is Marco Regalado at Rice University. Has massive experience coaching all over the state of Texas and has relationships everywhere, and he's helped bring in recruits at Washington State and now Rice since he made the jump to college. He's gonna succeed wherever he goes so if we have the chance to get him in purple we need to do it.
interesting bio and i would love to hear the story behind the jump from his last high school job to pullman of all places

curious if sonny splits the duties carrington was handling with a large amount of the social media contact and then the recruiting side

Eight

The Rams have been a [ Finebaum ] show this year. He might be lucky to get out of there.

things are about to turn around now that baker is in town. granted he has no one to throw too and the line is total crap, but baker is on the job