• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

frogs9497

An-Cap Frog

well, only if they don't confess. repentance is important
I'm an ESVer so maybe my Bible translation is different, but I don't remember repentance in the story about the woman accused of adultery. I'm not saying repentance is not scriptural, it is, but is it a requirement for forgiveness?

I wonder what @Fiscuits thinks of this. Quite the campaign to cancel this deal.

I will guess there is now a good chance that Kendal Briles will decline this job because of the hate. If he doesn’t, he must really love living in Texas.

Last edited:

McFroggin

I'm an ESVer so maybe my Bible translation is different, but I don't remember repentance in the story about the woman accused of adultery. I'm not saying repentance is not scriptural, it is, but is it a requirement for forgiveness?

Do we not have many denominations because the Bible isn’t black/white?

An-Cap Frog

Per this article that posted less than an hour ago:

A source within program made it clear over the week that no deal was finalized and that in the past 48 hours, the process has come to a standstill. Why? Because when the move was leaked it was met by fierce pushback by the TCU fanbase and from national pundits.

Good article...

As an aside, I really like Steven Johnson covering the Frogs...

An-Cap Frog

I hope this doesnt happen but even if it doesnt, some damage has been done because the narrative will be we were going to hire him but then there was backlash. There isnt a lot of integrity in that. Should NEVER haven gotten this far.
I think it shows, whatever the outcome, that we wrestled with the issue. There is a path to redemption, but it might be too soon...to say that it could never happen is to say that we are without hope, that someone can change, and learn from their mistakes (I for one are proof of that).

tjcoffice

ut I don't remember repentance in the story about the woman accused of adultery. I'm not saying repentance is not scriptural, it is, but is it a requirement for forgiveness?
Fair question. But, with no repentance, how can you have forgiveness? Can someone's sin be forgiven if s/he does not want to be forgiven? I assume - with no scirptual support - that Jesues knew the adulterress wanted forgiveness without her saying it.

Prime BEEF

A source within program made it clear over the week that no deal was finalized and that in the past 48 hours, the process has come to a standstill. Why? Because when the move was leaked it was met by fierce pushback by the TCU fanbase and from national pundits.

Great article…is he a new writer?

Mean Purple

Fair question. But, with no repentance, how can you have forgiveness? Can someone's sin be forgiven if s/he does not want to be forgiven? I assume - with no scirptual support - that Jesues knew the adulterress wanted forgiveness without her saying it.
repentence is 180 degrees from the wrong path back to what God wants. But, yes, you can offer forgiveness, it is up to the one you forgive to accept. But that does not clear you from offering forgiveness, as the man upstairs forgives us. And I think that is the point An-Cap is making. But, at the same time, the Word does show the need to seek to reconcile, as Christ reconciled us to Him. Reconciliation has steps, including the offender repenting. So its a bit of a winding path.

Mean Purple

Paywall. So could not read.

Big question: Who are the multipel sources he is saying claims we are looking at Briels. Are any of them realy within the program? (janitors don't count)

Mean Purple

So if this is all true and in the end SD is told he can’t hire KB, what does that do for his future at TCU?
It is entirely possible that SD was not looking at him as a top candidate and Briles agent fished his name out there. I don't know what is in that Steve Johnson article, however. So maybe they were looking at Briles. SD would have to know that it is a risky hire. My guess it does not affect his future. Certainly he would understand the issues of that hire.