• The KillerFrogs

Irrational Thought of the Day...

tcumaniac

As I continue to find ways to cope with our absolute ass beating on Saturday, I had this slightly irrational thought while trying to justify why we played so poorly.

Is there any possibility our game plan/strategy against OU depended on the outcome of the ISU vs OSU game?

I'm not saying this happened, but maybe TCU coaches felt like we had no possible way of beating OU twice. Maybe they felt that beating OU once would require pulling out all the bells and whistles and throwing every last thing we had at them. Something that wasn't likely to work twice.

Maybe after ISU lost and it became all but guaranteed that we would have to play OU twice, TCU decided to go with a much more conservative approach, saving our best shot for the next game in a less hostile stadium, with the conference championship on the line.

Not saying I necessarily think this is true. But it was a theory that at least made me feel better for a little bit.

At the very least I feel like it may have affected our approach after getting down in a substantial hole. It sure seemed like Patterson had tossed in the towel at times. Especially with some of our unexplainable punts on 4th and short.

With the way Baker played in the first half and with the rowdiness of that crowd, maybe Patterson was just like "we don't have it today. let's just minimize this loss and get out of here." It sure felt like it at least.

TCURiggs

As I continue to find ways to cope with our absolute ass beating on Saturday, I had this slightly irrational thought while trying to justify why we played so poorly.

Is there any possibility our game plan/strategy against OU depended on the outcome of the ISU vs OSU game?

I'm not saying this happened, but maybe TCU coaches felt like we had no possible way of beating OU twice. Maybe they felt that beating OU once would require pulling out all the bells and whistles and throwing every last thing we had at them. Something that wasn't likely to work twice.

Maybe after ISU lost and it became all but guaranteed that we would have to play OU twice, TCU decided to go with a much more conservative approach, saving our best shot for the next game in a less hostile stadium, with the conference championship on the line.

Not saying I necessarily think this is true. But it was a theory that at least made me feel better for a little bit.

At the very least I feel like it may have affected our approach after getting down in a substantial hole. It sure seemed like Patterson had tossed in the towel at times. Especially with some of our unexplainable punts on 4th and short.

With the way Baker played in the first half and with the rowdiness of that crowd, maybe Patterson was just like "we don't have it today. let's just minimize this loss and get out of here." It sure felt like it at least.

Bro... cheer up and go watch some brisket videos or something. We got our ass kicked by a very good team who did just about everything right. It happens.

4 Oaks Frog

You are correct...It is absolutely and totally an Irrational Thought!!! If you don’t think both of those teams were on that field trying to win that game with every play, you are from another planet. We didn’t play well. We lost two of our key players, Anderson and Bosin early on, not counting our kicker. Plus, we ran up against a buzzsaw of an offense and amped up defense on Saturday. I HATE scheissing ou!!
But with that being said, it is very good team. We played at their place packed with all of their rabid fans. We are fortunate that the score wasn’t worse. We did a great job of stopping them in the second half. And, it wasn’t because ou took their foot off the gas. They beat us plane and simple. They were the better team on Saturday. If we are fortunate enough to play them again in the Big XII Championship, we have to be the better team that day. But before that, we have two teams ahead of us that could beat us. We better clamp down on those one at a time, and leave ou Cheaters alone until then. Just my opinion...
GO FROGS!!
BEAT ttu!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

finafrog

if you are right, we should have started our third stringers and kept our powder dry. instead, we get a pf on the first play for diarse shoving the ou guy in the face, bosen ejected, anderson out due the season. nope, we just got beat.

W

Way of the Frog

th

Pharm Frog

Yep. Our entire game plan changed the moment the replay official ruled that it was an interception. We all know that GP makes last second adjustments (eg: moving reads from DE to LB). Would have won easily if ISU had gone on to win in OT. Our O would have hung 54 on them and D would have held them to 17 with a garbage time TD.

finafrog

Yep. Our entire game plan changed the moment the replay official ruled that it was an interception. We all know that GP makes last second adjustments (eg: moving reads from DE to LB). Would have won easily if ISU had gone on to win in OT. Our O would have hung 54 on them and D would have held them to 17 with a garbage time TD.
exactly. however, according to some people here, that would have meant that we lose the rematch because (?)

Punter1

I think you may be half right. I think once the game got out of hand there is a real possibility we played it conservative to keep their point total down and also save some plays for Round 2.

But saying we didn't come out guns blazing from the start would mean basically giving up our chance at the CFPs. Which we would never do.

dkfrog

I agree that we shut it down after getting down by a million, trying to save something (if only healthy bodies) for round 2.

Problem is...so did OU....

4th. down

I suppose more has been said on this site and other related ones about the OU demise than any other game this year, but it comes down to this IMHO; poor ass coaching from top to bottom, game prep., scheming, all of it.

OU has physically beat us up now for 3 years in a row including the Bram comeback attempt. OU is at another level above the rest of the Big 12. My hope for the team now and in the future is to finish in the top 3 every year and believe that is obtainable, but if we are going to continue to run some form of the Air Raid, we need to get the right ex pro. receiver that is now in coaching to come to our aid. Obviously, Anderson is not the solution when we cannot catch a pass and don't know how or will, to run the correct route as called. I'am sure, Andy, Boykin, and LT could come up with some relevant solutions if GP inquired.