• The KillerFrogs

Implosion Date Set for TCU's Amon G. Carter Stadium

Leap Frog

Getting goosebumps thinking we could close out the last season at AGC as we know it with one more national championship!

Please let this happen: The shot heard 'round the world-- the implosion and a NC all rolled into one, making the last year at AGCS the best one. Like you, getting bumps like an alligator.

HoustonHornedFrog

They probably do not want to have dynamite embedded in the stadium while a crowd is also in the stadium........

Neither do I as my family and I will be sitting in the upper deck Saturday.:biggrin:

I'll second that, although it would make for a great plot for an action movie...

Anyone else wonder if the Dec. 5 date was chosen on purpose. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the day the final pre-bowl game BCS standings will be announced?

BogeyGolf7

At least TCU is letting everyone know ahead of time.

They didn't give any advance notice of the implosion at Darrel K. Royal Memorial Stadium this year.

borat-very-nice.jpg

geno

TCU doesn't have to bid if they don't want to, we're a private institution.

My understanding is that the implosion expense is part of the total bid from Austin construction. They do the implosion arrangements, thus, no open bid. Does that sound reasonable?

weklfrog

I'll second that, although it would make for a great plot for an action movie...

Anyone else wonder if the Dec. 5 date was chosen on purpose. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the day the final pre-bowl game BCS standings will be announced?
Imagine the date was picked becasue it is the date that best fits their very tight consturction schedule. Those type of things are almost always early on a Sunday morning when they will cause the least disruption.