• The KillerFrogs

I'm Warming Up To Briles

An-Cap Frog

My issue with Briles was not and is not his lack of on field success, so no amount of on the field success will allow me to "warm up" to him.
Eugene Levy Shrug GIF by Vanity Fair

Ron Swanson

See, I fully understand and almost relate to this stance.

But I don't know, seeing him make an effort on the Alma Mater and teaching his kids to do the frog and sing it too, just hits different. Maybe it's snake oil, but I have to think it's sincere if he's got his kids doing it.
Every single person who knows Kendal talks about him like he’s one of the best and most genuine people ever. His players clearly love him, and Sonny loves him. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I was one of the biggest anti-Baylor / Briles people there were, but to me that’s all on Art. I would absolutely not be ok with Art being on staff.

Kendal was vetted though and I have no reason to believe he was at fault for what happened at Baylor. The fact that he talked about how his school has hot white chicks to a recruit doesn’t bother me at all. I guarantee you every coaching staff in the nation does the same, albeit hopefully in a slightly less cringey manner. I know a guy who played QB in the Big 12 who was given prostitutes on his recruiting trip to OU (he didn’t end up at OU).

Wexahu

Every single person who knows Kendal talks about him like he’s one of the best and most genuine people ever. His players clearly love him, and Sonny loves him. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I was one of the biggest anti-Baylor / Briles people there were, but to me that’s all on Art. I would absolutely not be ok with Art being on staff.

Kendal was vetted though and I have no reason to believe he was at fault for what happened at Baylor. The fact that he talked about how his school has hot white chicks to a recruit doesn’t bother me at all. I guarantee you every coaching staff in the nation does the same, albeit hopefully in a slightly less cringey manner. I know a guy who played QB in the Big 12 who was given prostitutes on his recruiting trip to OU (he didn’t end up at OU).
This.

I’m pretty sure SD and JD and others in the athletic department know way more about the guy, and know way more facts than anyone on here. The bottom line is if they think he’s a decent enough guy to be on staff, that’s good enough for me. As for the white girls comment, I guess we can all be idiots and pretend like other things like that aren’t said in recruiting circles all over the country.

LisaLT

Pretty amazing how these insecure folks are building their whole life around cancelling someone rather than just supporting their school...and thinking they can gaslight everyone into not enjoying a bunch our players trying to come together into being a team. Really bottom of the barrel BS.
I agree. Get the scheiss over it and move on. We are 30% through the season now. Time to focus on winning games.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Pretty amazing how these insecure folks are building their whole life around cancelling someone rather than just supporting their school...and thinking they can gaslight everyone into not enjoying a bunch our players trying to come together into being a team. Really bottom of the barrel BS.
There is nothing mutually exclusive about supporting my university and speaking out loud about how they hired a piece of human garbage for an offensive coordinator.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
That’s a YP, not a MP.

Let’s see who knows what that reference is. Lol. Great film.
Record Producer: That's not an MP, that's a YP, your problem. Come up with the money, or forget it.
Reed: Okay, now you're talking above my head. I don't know all of this industry jargon, YP, MP. All I know is that I can't get a record contract, we cannot get a record contract unless we take those tapes to the record company. And granted, the tapes themselves are a uh um oh, you own them, all right, but the magic that is on those tapes. That heart and soul that we put onto those tapes, that is ours and you don't own that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Standards are a [ hundin], aren't they? I can remember a time when people thought that it would be terrible if TCU slid to the degree that they would hire anybody, no matter the baggage, if they could just get a couple more wins.

I guess we're here. Congratulations, guys. You've earned it.

vicarfrog

we definitely see positive steps intertwined with inconsistencies

the best part of the game is once again tcu took control in the second half of the game. tough part for the offense is i am not sure if there is a real solution for the run game issues outside of having to wait for young players to improve, very similar to the issues in the defensive line

Yep. Everyone always says, "Wait until next year," but we are going to be a force of nature next year.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I wish we could all be as shiny and spotless as you are. What's it like to be so immaculate?
We all have our own crosses to bear, Vicar. I certainly have mine. But this man offered up coeds as bait to recruits in a program rife with sexual assault, for which he’s never repented. And so we offer him the same position at TCU, and what we’re supposed to sweep that under the rug? If that’s your move, I wish you well, but it won’t be mine. Ever.

Frawg

Not for me, bro. He‘ll reap what he sowed. He’s a scumbag and doesn’t deserve to be at TCU. And he wears moronic tape on his fingers and he loves field goals more than touchdowns.
Meh. People grow up and mature. He wasn’t the family man he is now and we don’t have the systemic disregard for women Rapelor had.

dang, some of his play designs are just wicked. Would not want to be the opposing DC,

Frawg

We all have our own crosses to bear, Vicar. I certainly have mine. But this man offered up coeds as bait to recruits in a program rife with sexual assault, for which he’s never repented. And so we offer him the same position at TCU, and what we’re supposed to sweep that under the rug? If that’s your move, I wish you well, but it won’t be mine. Ever.
Also: Saying “we have a lot of white girls that love football players” isn’t exactly “offering them up”. While distasteful it happens to also be true. TCU has them. Used to call them “yardbirds”:confused:

Tyson

Also: Saying “we have a lot of white girls that love football players” isn’t exactly “offering them up”. While distasteful it happens to also be true. TCU has them. Used to call them “yardbirds”:confused:
Just go and watch the door that the players come out of after the game. More white girls around than you can believe. I’ve seen it at lots of schools.

Ron Swanson

You act like he said, “You can have sex with the girls here whether they want to or not and we will cover it up for you”.

He simply said they have cute girls here, just like every coach in America does.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
You act like he said, “You can have sex with the girls here whether they want to or not and we will cover it up for you”.

He simply said they have cute girls here, just like every coach in America does.
I think folks hung up on this need to ask themselves had KB supposedly said, Do you like girls?” would they still be feeling whatever they are feeling.

If the answer is no then they need further to ask themselves why.