• The KillerFrogs

I’m convinced

Eight

I wondered why Darius kept coming out of the end zone with the ball. Cost us 5 yards dang near every time.

suspect the same reason max made some of those throws, trying to create big plays and actually hurt more than it helped

do have a derius question, does anyone know which hand he broke the bone?

he had the ball in the hand of the inside hand on the fumble

Wexahu

That’s not how you base this season. And you have no idea who would win more often per what you describe. Nor does anybody else.
I'm just asking you who you think is better. Forget about results of individual games, just who is the better team? If full strength Alabama played full strength Tennessee or LSU tomorrow who do you think would have a better chance of winning?

Why is this so hard for people?

Mean Purple

I'm just asking you who you think is better. Forget about results of individual games, just who is the better team? If full strength Alabama played full strength Tennessee or LSU tomorrow who do you think would have a better chance of winning?

Why is this so hard for people?
Tennessee would beat Bama. LSU, prolly beats bama. Those two coaches have something figured out. Bama was not as good this year as compared to the past. It showed.

Mean Purple

Georgia was doing whatever they wanted on offense. They were peeling off 10-15 yards a play, field position was pretty irrelevant as they put themselves in great field position after one or two plays no matter where they started.
It matters because players begin to press/lose composure/come off assignments in panic. And they tire. Takes less time for UGA to drive the field. it adds up. Plus, we don't turn the ball over, likely have more scores. That does affect momentum. Not saying we win, but execution matters.

hfhmilkman

Yep. Easier to get in. MUCH harder to win it all.

Said it a million times, but in past formats (mainly prior to the CFP) a team could win a Title without having to play the very best teams at the end. That's how we have Georgia Tech, BYU and Colorado among the names listed as National Champions over the past 40 years. No more. Some people think the expanded playoff is going to bring about more parity, but it might just further reveal the real differences between the truly elite and everyone else.

Regardless of outcomes of some individual games, there is almost zero doubt in my mind the three BEST teams in the country this year were Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State. About a 99% chance one of those teams would have won a 12-team playoff.
I will take it a step further. Who would vote against Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State not being three of members of next years NC? That is the problem with college football. About 40% of NC qualifiers are ranked 1-4 in the AP preseason poll. Going on memory all of the NC winners(4 team playoff) were in the top6 except maybe one school. Your typical NC distribution is 2 blue bloods that were 1-4 the entire year, one top 10 team that peaked, and one surprise either because of easy schedule, luck, or a great run. I will go out on a limb and call it Georgia, OSU, Alabama, and USC. I probably have great odds of picking one, and decent of getting two. Unlikely that it would be three or more. But it has happened.

Georgia has a very easy schedule. Its Tenn and the conference championship. Alabama has it tougher. But if the one loss team beats the undefeated team in the conference championship, both have a good chance of getting in. OSU has two tough games, ND and Michigan. USC is the least talented and has the toughest schedule. Would not be surprised if they are not there.

hfhmilkman

read that again. I did not say Clemson was better. They could have been. Penn State would beat Bama in a match up in my opinion. And over all, I think they are better. Bama had a drop off this year, bud. Now, I would love to have that be my down season, but, still.
I watched a ton of PSU games. Good enough to beat the bad teams. They were really outmatched by Michigan and Ohio State. They had a hero ball QB who could pull it out against a Purdue. But just not enough line play. Bama wins on line play alone. Franklin recruits well. But since Moorhead left, the offense has seems to not be in sync.

hfhmilkman

You can’t let Georgia line up with a double stack slot on your outside shoulder and not expect to get sealed on the edge. The other issue with the run is that the ACC refs swallowed their whistles. There was so much holding that I lost track. I must say though that the Georgia interior linemen will have a great career after the NFL in professional wrestling or the MMA.
One of the problems with college football is that each conference has their own referees and those referees have their own interpretation of the rules. College football at least at the P5 level needs a standardization of referees and rules. It is an unwelcome variance for a team to benefit or be penalized because their style of play is closer or further away from the rules interpretations of the referees. Holding is one of those rules that seems to diverge. It has to be awful for a fan used to a more rigid interpretation of hold not get called over and over. One of the things I really dislike about the Big10 is it is one those conferences that allows what I believe is excessive holding. When I watch a game I do not want to see Micah Parsons, George Karlaftis, or Chase Young mugged play after play and no penalty called. If the rush end makes a great move, he should be rewarded. And if its happening over and over, than it stinks to be that tackle.

Putt4Purple

All these hypothetical s you guys are spewing doesn't mean a whole lot other than getting your own blood pressure worked up over the past. Let it go!