• The KillerFrogs

Huge win should help immensley in recruiting

Gunner

Couple guys committed to Texas and Tennessee must be wondering what has gone terribly wrong in Austin. And Tennessee is horrible. Think we get the linebacker out of Houston, AJ Hilliard and maybe Santos who committed to Tenn.

A couple linemen who comitted to UCLA and Tech, must be looking at their hole card.

Of course the big thing, is getting some offensive linemen. I'm pretty sure Fabuluje and Dunbar will settle the offensive tackle spots. But we need more offensive tackles and OL's in general. Hunt might turn into an OL too, before too long.

We got an offensive linemen who is 6'6 and 310 coming in for Colo State. Out of state prospect. Bet he commits now.

And the secret salesmen probably have some good ideas, we haven't even thought of......new tools to sell now, after that win. If I was a WR, I'd think long and hard about catching those passes Pachall is throwing...

Genbukan

We'd be in good shape at OT if we had been able to hang on to Cameron Fleming's commit a couple years ago. The kid is now 6'6", 307 lbs and is starting for Stanford as a RS Frosh. He looked pretty good last night against the ducks.

OL takes a lot of time and development. A rare few are able to produce quickly but most aren't able to contribute until they are upperclassmen. I'm still hoping that the light goes on for Dunbar, Horn, Wooldridge - they are all still young. If Thompson returns from the knee surgery he's gonna be playing on Sundays.

Anyone know how Tayo is doing in practices this year?

NativeFrog

I thought just getting into the Big 12 was going to help recruiting immensely. Beating Boise is just one of many huge wins TCU football has had the last dozen years, none bigger than the Rose Bowl win. If that win didn't help recruiting, nothing will.

Gunner

Tao has impressed. He is 6'7 and 330 or 340 could be his weight.

He could be the guy who really is a replacement for Cannon.

Chongo94

Pretty sure Santos is a lock for Tennessee. I'm real good friends with someone high up on the Van staff and they've made no mention of any sort of wavering on his part. Of course you never know but I highly doubt it at this point.

Genbukan

Santos is pretty much just wishful thinking at this point. Of course, last year Brandon Carter was nothing but wishful thinking up until signing day.

I don't know that a recruit is ever swayed by the results of one game but I would think that if a kid is leaning TCU's way already, a win like this might be the final factor in his decision.

Of course, there are still kids like Dominique Wheeler who base their decisions on the girls at the local Hooters!

And speaking of Hooters.... I notice the Independence Bowl was holding a TCU-Boise watch party at the Bossier City Hooters.......... http://independencebowl.org/

Unless the stars align like they did last year the frogs will be in Shreveport on Dec. 26. I'm ok with that.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
no offensive lineman though right?

If he shows well expect one OL to get an offer and commit. Not one of the ones I think are sure things this weekend but one who could be considered a highly probable, Cameron Ellis (down from Indiana if schedule permits this weekend).

Both AJ Hilliard & Keith Ewing expected to get offers and commit at LBer. One other who is a little surprise looking good this weekend also.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Another 2012 visitor to watch for is 6-4/180/4.6 WR from Spring DeKaney, Austin Garrett. Very under-recruited kid but a tremendous athlete with great hands and good ups. He is a beast on jump balls and has helped lead Spring to 2nd round.

A possible is Lago Vista's DT Donald Hopkins.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A 2013 WR in should be Donald Gage from Baton Rouge's Redemptorist. he recently ran a hand timed 4.3 at the NUC in Red Stick (5-10/170/4.3)

Virginia Frog

Unless the stars align like they did last year the frogs will be in Shreveport on Dec. 26. I'm ok with that.
...feasting on some ACC carcass.

My hope it'll be: GaTech, Miami or UNC

We won't get VaTech, Clemson or FlaSt

No to UVa since we'll have them next fall.

Doesn't look like NCSt will bowl-qualify since they have 2 FCS wins and need to win-out including a games vs. Clemson.

Hope we don't get Wake...a bit uninteresting nationwide...and they have the guns to get a W.

We owe UNC one stemming from two losses in the mid '90s.

talor

Thanks for posting, everyone! DT Hopkins looks like a good player. Joey Hunt is playing both ways and may indeed switch over to OC/OG at TCU, so bringing in Hopkins makes sense. Would help add a little depth in the trenches.

maximilian

I read on a Rivals interview with Ed Pope, that he's now being recruited as a WR for all his offers, including us.

That would mean another safety is crucial. I would love to flip McNeil from Tennessee, or hope that Fuller would want to be the QB of our defense for years to come.