• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Eight

Been interesting to watch Notre Dame's venture into the digital world. Gotta wonder if that cuts local media out.

with texas now heading to the sec, notre dame really is the only school out there who a network can try streaming a game and check the appetite without really disrupting things

if the game on peacock draws good numbers great and if not they really haven't lost much and you don't have the entanglement of a conference

Would USC count as a big national brand? Amazon being interested in acquiring P12 rights isn't that big a stretch to me honestly

Ehh, not really. Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama... Not sure the PAC 12 as a whole would move everything to Amazon.

Core to Amazon's strategy is owning parts of things, or certain regional licenses, not the whole. Why? In part, because teams and leagues don't and won't go 100% to Amazon... Too big an impact on exposure when your content is behind the Amazon paywall.

Amazon would need to build a lot more critical mass and be more of a DAZN type competitor for College, I think.

DAZN, by the way, could definitely be involved in the next round of rights for all conferences but especially the PAC and BIG 8/12... I could see FOX or ESPN buying Tier 1/2 rights, and everything else going to DAZN, for example.

TCUSA

Same song, second verse. Texas can't buy a Big 12 trophy, so it MUST be the conference's fault! If ONLY they had a decent conference to recruit to, they'd be perennial national champs! They're so deluded and don't want to face the real problem at UT--their alumni interference and coddling of their athletes. Big heads don't win much of anything.

froginmn

Just going to leave this here...

Holy crap I thought that was made up, so I looked at their roster and matched up the numbers with two kickers and a punter.

That's Cameron Dicker in the, uh, middle.

gaaay-ha-gay.gif

UnwCq8m

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The hell did I just watch????
An Asian man riding another man named Dicker while getting a foot massage from another man, but everyone is dressed for Halloween. It’s called “Tuesday” in Austin.

As super cool as this video was, I really think they missed out not using Bicycle Race by Queen for the music. Would have fit so well.

Last edited:

HG73

An Asian man riding another man named Dicker while getting a foot massage from another man, but everyone is dressed for Halloween. It’s called “Tuesday” in Austin.

As super cool as this video was, I really think they missed out not using Bicycle Race by Queen for the music. Would have fit so well.
A slow Tuesday.

Froggish

Weird Question but wouldn't scheduling large fanbase State schools help TCU's viewership numbers more than anything. Getting back to 8 conference games would allow TCU to add 2 large OOC games against P4 schools...

If so, wouldn't it be smart for TCU to get on the phone with OU, UT, and A&M and try to lock in OOC games with each of them post 2025? Maybe replace SMU on the schedule with one of those three schools?

Yes...I know they might not want to play us OOC

Big Frog II

Weird Question but wouldn't scheduling large fanbase State schools help TCU's viewership numbers more than anything. Getting back to 8 conference games would allow TCU to add 2 large OOC games against P4 schools...

If so, wouldn't it be smart for TCU to get on the phone with OU, UT, and A&M and try to lock in OOC games with each of them post 2025? Maybe replace SMU on the schedule with one of those three schools?

Yes...I know they might not want to play us OOC
I doubt they will want to play us anymore except there.

Ehh, not really. Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama... Not sure the PAC 12 as a whole would move everything to Amazon.

Core to Amazon's strategy is owning parts of things, or certain regional licenses, not the whole. Why? In part, because teams and leagues don't and won't go 100% to Amazon... Too big an impact on exposure when your content is behind the Amazon paywall.

Amazon would need to build a lot more critical mass and be more of a DAZN type competitor for College, I think.

DAZN, by the way, could definitely be involved in the next round of rights for all conferences but especially the PAC and BIG 8/12... I could see FOX or ESPN buying Tier 1/2 rights, and everything else going to DAZN, for example.

What is DAZN apology for my ignorance. I have heard OTT means over the top like Netflix, Hulu, Disney, etc. These new media companies have a ton of money, but typically show live events.

What is DAZN apology for my ignorance. I have heard OTT means over the top like Netflix, Hulu, Disney, etc. These new media companies have a ton of money, but typically show live events.

DAZN - DaZone

Streaming platform, mostly focused on "runoff" sports rights in international markets. Smart strategy overall.

They've been poking around some major US held rights, and I think a major conference's Tier 2-3 rights might be the right size of them. Think of it like an ESPN+ competitior.