• The KillerFrogs

Hotel suggestions for Alamo Bowl?

StigFrog

Stayed at the Hyatt Place on S. St. Marys last time. Backs up to the south end of the Riverwalk and was not a bad walk to the Alamodome.

HeidelFrog

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Anthony Travel is now offering a ‘hotel only’ package on the Riverwalk. I haven’t checked the price but it says it’s a discount rate.

Limp Lizard

Omni La Mansion is another good one.
Great place. Is it still where you park on the same level as your room?

BTW, you should probably use a GPS navigator, because downtown San Antonio is a nightmare! Took us 30 minutes to get on the right street to check in La Mansion; we kept passing it on the side with a one-way street going the wrong way!:confused:

And San Antonio rooms tend to be pricey, too.

stbrab

Grand Hyatt for us. Also stayed there last time. It was reasonably priced and a very nice hotel. Also, an easy walk to/from the Dome. If I remember correctly, its the closest hotel to the dome.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Not a fan of oozing walls.

They’re all Texas patriots.
Before or after touring & touching The Alamo, wander over to the Mall and the IMAX theater there for a quick history refresher lesson (less than an hour).

And double trivia points if you can pick out which actor Deep Purple used to scuffle with back in the day in Houston.

Dogfrog

I asked my wife to book the Westin but my sister suggested she book a b&b just south of la villita with suites. I’m not a big b&b guy so not real thrilled.

Pharm Frog

Before or after touring & touching The Alamo, wander over to the Mall and the IMAX theater there for a quick history refresher lesson (less than an hour).

And double trivia points if you can pick out which actor Deep Purple used to scuffle with back in the day in Houston.

It's been a while but I was a student of Arnoldo DeLeon and spent countless hours pouring over primary sources (from poor English to very formal Spanish) to help craft Texas history articles and essays and many of them from that particular era. I have visited The Alamo many, many times. I have stayed in the Menger several times as well and there was a charm to it that I'm sure it still retains. I don't recall there being an IMAX theater in the mall but I'm sure more than a few things have changed around there. I have no idea which actor Deep used to scuffle with, but if these were wars of words, my money would have been on Deep. Nobody could stand up very long against his barrage of prose.

Pharm Frog

Last night

24991169_10214888878757494_5821996671755903523_n.jpg