• The KillerFrogs

Heartland College Sports: TCU QB Josh Hoover Focused on Leadership Ahead of Sophomore Season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU QB Josh Hoover Focused on Leadership Ahead of Sophomore Season​

By Joe Tillery

While TCU fans may have expected Chandler Morris to be the guy throughout the 2023 college football season, redshirt freshman quarterback Josh Hoover stepped up and earned the starting job in Ft. Worth.

Hoover spoke to media members for the first time this offseason and expressed his desire to emerge as a leader in the TCU locker room.

“You have to be aware of your surroundings, and you have to have the courage to say things that are hard,” Hoover said. “That’s part of being a leader; it’s not always easy to be a leader. If it was, everyone would be one. I think when guys understand where you’re coming from, and they have that respect for you, they get it when you say something to them. You don’t have to call guys out, but you have to have conversations, and sometimes they’re hard conversations.”

Read more at https://www.heartlandcollegesports....used-on-leadership-ahead-of-sophomore-season/

westoverhillbilly

Hope this kid kills it this year.
As do almost all of us I believe. This kid works his tail off and shows leadership ability.

He'll be able to use his feet too this year- something he didn't get to do until late in the season. Even though he's not a breakaway run threat like Max, he has a more accurate arm and could be another great one by the time he's done at TCU.

Three-star QB‘s are often not stars but rather misses, but TCU picked a good one here that had slung the ball around a lot in high school. I am enthused and think Hoover is going to be very good. And he can run - just remember that 26 yard run that ended with Hoover punishing a tackler near the sideline - like Duggan would do.

4 Oaks Frog

I worked 30-years for an extremely successful man who was a great leader in his field. He always said that Leadership is Performance…your personal performance and the ability to inspire performance in the ones you lead. In that, the most important ingredient is gratitude.
I am very grateful for young Mr. Hover…

I worked 30-years for an extremely successful man who was a great leader in his field. He always said that Leadership is Performance…your personal performance and the ability to inspire performance in the ones you lead. In that, the most important ingredient is gratitude.
I am very grateful for young Mr. Hover…
I think leaders that show genuine joy and pride in seeing others succeed, inspire. I admire those people and maybe we need more of that.

Last edited: