• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HG73

I was down in Clear Lake at a customer‘s office the other day and I offered to take them to lunch. They said there’s a little barbecue place around the corner we like, so I said let’s go. We get there and it’s a Dickeys. I rolled my eyes when we got there and couldn’t believe that is where they picked.

I will say though, it wasn’t like your normal franchise location. I almost wondered if it was the original or something. It looked real old and was real small. It wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible.
The Dickeys in Rockwall is not bad. Clean, sides are good. I can drive 30 minutes to Sessions in Royse City or Mesquite BBQ and those are better. But Dickeys is on the way to virtually everywhere we need to go. And their sauce is excellent.

My favorites are Angelo's and Railhead, and anywhere in the hill country. When our daughter lived in Wimberley I ate barbecue every day when we went to visit.

Eight

People can be pretty picky about BBQ, but it’s like a few other things in life. Bad BBQ is still usually better than no bbq at all.

so if i understand what your saying doc is that bbq is like sex, even bad is far better than none

actually, now that i think about it bad bbq is better than bad sex because any bad menu choice only stays with you for a day or two

Frogenstein

Used to be a place that I believe started in Waco (sorry for using that word) and there were a couple up this way. I believe it was called Underwood’s. It was a long time ago, and I think I remember it to be pretty good!

The best BBQ that doesn’t exist anymore was a place called Lone Star. Forget all else. It was the best BBQ brisket ever and potato salad was legendary. Some of my fellow gray Frogs may remember it…
There is an Underwood’s in Brownwood that somehow is still operating as far as I know. I will be kind and say it is not good.

Horny 4 Life

I was down in Clear Lake at a customer‘s office the other day and I offered to take them to lunch. They said there’s a little barbecue place around the corner we like, so I said let’s go. We get there and it’s a Dickeys. I rolled my eyes when we got there and couldn’t believe that is where they picked.

I will say though, it wasn’t like your normal franchise location. I almost wondered if it was the original or something. It looked real old and was real small. It wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible.

This describes the Dickey's I had gone to in Dallas (I think) with my wife's family. Not on par with the BBQ joints I frequented while at TCU, but not terrible. Although, that was a long time ago too.