• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
randy marsh is unimpressed
The archeologist concurs:

i know ross GIF

6 on the BSC? Plus I think I’ve done better….recently
Consider how much smaller people were then, might seem more impressive…

nwlafrog

Cat owners….

Seeking advice on “working cats”. Wife came home with 2 young “working cats” from the shelter. Wondering if and when we should bring them inside during the introduction phase. Just for bad weather? Each night?

Shelter says to keep them comfortable in a kennel with food and water, litter box and a smaller cat crate inside of the kennel for them to hide in for several weeks to get them acclimated to their new environment.

We have moved and live on 22 acres and we’re told that getting a few cats around the property would be a good idea for controlling mice, snakes, etc.

Any newbie advice is appreciated.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Cat owners….

Seeking advice on “working cats”. Wife came home with 2 young “working cats” from the shelter. Wondering if and when we should bring them inside during the introduction phase. Just for bad weather? Each night?

Shelter says to keep them comfortable in a kennel with food and water, litter box and a smaller cat crate inside of the kennel for them to hide in for several weeks to get them acclimated to their new environment.

We have moved and live on 22 acres and we’re told that getting a few cats around the property would be a good idea for controlling mice, snakes, etc.

Any newbie advice is appreciated.

All you need to do is make sure they have a dry place outside to sleep in (under the house is where the "working cats" in Alabama live) and put out food and water every day in the same place and at the same time. Don't try and make them pets (or expect them to behave as pets)--they are feral hunters. If you're lucky, they will find sex partners and provide you with litters of many feral kitties to join in on the snake and mouse hunts.

(Learned all this courtesy of my grandmother who lived in a small Alabama town and had a large collection of "working cats" living in/around/under her house.)

Last edited:

YA

All you need to do is make sure they have a dry place outside to sleep in (under the house is where the "working cats" in Alabama live) and put out food and water every day in the same place and at the same time. Don't try and make them pets (or expect them to behave as pets)--they are feral hunters. If you're lucky, they will find sex partners and provide you with litters of many feral kitties to join in on the snake and mouse hunts.

(Learned all this courtesy of my grandmother who lived in a small Alabama town and had a large collection of "working cats" living in/around/under her house.)
Nwlafrog, my MIL lives in Alabama on her peanut farm. She has cats for this purpose. Everything Geezer said is what she follows. Just understand that you will have some killed by predators at some point.