• The KillerFrogs

Georgia away games

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
These Georgia fans are alright, unlike those Michigan dooches...amirite?

Northern football fans have some deep-seeded insecurity issues. They come from dying parts of the country with miserable weather, ugly women, and frustrating football. Unless Oregon and Washington come along soon, USC and UCLA will badly regret their move to the Midwest. A lot of people go to the Midwest thinking they can make it different, but it's depressive nature eventually kills everything that is worth a damn. The Big Ten gets good TV ratings and football attendance because there's nothing else worth living for there.

An-Cap Frog

Northern football fans have some deep-seeded insecurity issues. They come from dying parts of the country with miserable weather, ugly women, and frustrating football. Unless Oregon and Washington come along soon, USC and UCLA will badly regret their move to the Midwest. A lot of people go to the Midwest thinking they can make it different, but it's depressive nature eventually kills everything that is worth a damn. The Big Ten gets good TV ratings and football attendance because there's nothing else worth living for there.
Do you know how many victory lunches I won over the weekend? I'm going to be eating free all week. These Michigan fans are insufferable...

McDawg

That’s funny as hell. Can I say that here?

And you’re right; ugly girls.

jojahdawg

I have always had huge respect for Georgia. Georgia has usually played the toughest schedule of the top SEC teams. The Dawgs are a great team. The opening win versus Oregon was beautiful.

My questions are

1. I have read that the pass defense isn't great this season compared to last. Is that true?

2. The Georgia offense has struggled some games. What happened in those games?

3. Which team is better: 2021 or 2022?
1. The secondary is more talented this year than last year, but very inexperienced (new freshman starters at S and CB). The biggest difference though from last year to this year has been the drop off of the pass rush. Last year, most players in our front 7 were pass rush threats. This year, it's been Jalen Carter or bust for the most part. I will say our DB's (outside of Christopher Smith) have consistently struggled to play the ball in the air. So desperate or confident teams have been able to burn us despite throwing into coverage.

2. Missouri had a very aggressive gameplan blitzing and attacking gaps. The offense wasn't able to execute well enough (particularly in the passing game) to take advantage of the 1on1 opportunities that were there. Kentucky was a bad weather game coaches knew Kentucky wasn't scoring more than 10 without scoring defensive or special teams touchdowns. Kirby also has trend of hitting cruise control on offense playing against his coaching friends. For the year, the offense has relied heavily on efficiency, not creating many explosive plays. The real Achilles' heel has been turnovers: lost turnover battle in 5 of 14 games, 2 or more turnovers in 5 of 14 games. Stetson plays QB with an aggressive gunslinger confidence which can lead to some jaw dropping poor decisions.

3. 2021 was better overall IMO. At the beginning of the year, I had hope that the offense would take a step into elite status which would've propelled this year's squad ahead of last year's. But injuries at receiver and overall inconsistency has kept the unit at just "very good". So I'll take last year's group with an elite, all-time defense even if the offense held it back at times.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Sonny & company need to take a close look at GA's games vs. Kent St, @ Missouri, vs. Tenn and @ Kentucky. None of these matchups were big or convincing Ws for the Bulldogs vs seemly low end competition save UT. What did these teams/coaches do to keep these games close? Find the special sauce.

TCU needs to keep the score low, under 30/35, to get this W. That means a lot of O ball control (shorten the game) and no/or/very few "big chunk" quick scores vs the D. Time of possession needs to be 60% TCU to maintain the D's strength throughout.

Somewhere there's a pathway here to do the impossible!
Frogs will score 60

dawg

They also get good national TV ratings because the graduates of their massive state schools get the scheiss out of the midwest and down south or west or southwest as fast as possible.

Harsh. I live in Montana.

Sand Frog

Need to try some other bourbons.
Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Maybe some Buffalo Trace.
Blantons ($$)
Larceny ain’t a terrible choice either.

One thing Dawgs can do exceptionally well is drink good bourbons. They’ll drink it near or maybe with a ice ball or maybe a splash of spring water.
If you are coming to LA, I'll take Eagle Rare neat! :cool:

What Up Toad

Need to try some other bourbons.
Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Maybe some Buffalo Trace.
Blantons ($$)
Larceny ain’t a terrible choice either.

One thing Dawgs can do exceptionally well is drink good bourbons. They’ll drink it near or maybe with a ice ball or maybe a splash of spring water.

I wish I could find a bottle of Blanton's anywhere close to MSRP lately. It's very hard to find down here.

JogginFrog

I will say our DB's (outside of Christopher Smith) have consistently struggled to play the ball in the air. So desperate or confident teams have been able to burn us despite throwing into coverage.
TCU vertical passing vs. UGa secondary will be fascinating. TCU receivers didn't get much separation on Michigan DBs and won't on the Dawgs, and I expect UGa is better limiting yards after catch. Frogs have the confidence to take shots, and Max doesn't force many balls into bad coverages, so expecting more 50-50 balls and back-shoulder throws than usual. TCU will need to win a bunch of those battles with no more than 1 INT to have a chance. But I'm not sold that Max will have time to throw--the UGa pass rush may be a notch down from last season but I expect heavy pressure early. Max will need to make some plays with his feet to give the vertical passing game a chance.

On the other side, I'm interested to see if Gillespie comes up with anything to limit Bowers up the seam. Nightmares about that guy.

Latest posts