• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

Eight

I don't get it. So it's cheap beer, so maybe a connection to college students. Just why only tag Iowa State and not Clemson? Are they saying ISU is cheap and trashy but Clemson isn't? Am I over thinking this?

cheap shot at isu fans as well know they would easily choose natty light over that swill water called busch

as far as clemson fans, we aren't sure what they drink as they are too busy hiding the empties in their next door neighbor's garbage

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I have the game on in the main room, and am moving about the house cleaning this, and adjusting that, and keeping an eye on a pot of sauce for a titanic lasagna to be served later. Each and every time I have looked up to see some football, there's a damned commercial on. Each. Time.

Mrs. Brewingfrog swears she has seen a couple of plays. I think she's pulling my leg...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I have the game on in the main room, and am moving about the house cleaning this, and adjusting that, and keeping an eye on a pot of sauce for a titanic lasagna to be served later. Each and every time I have looked up to see some football, there's a damned commercial on. Each. Time.

Mrs. Brewingfrog swears she has seen a couple of plays. I think she's pulling my leg...
At least the commercials are funny, entertaining, and educational as well as original. Oh wait...

froginmn

cheap shot at isu fans as well know they would easily choose natty light over that swill water called busch

as far as clemson fans, we aren't sure what they drink as they are too busy hiding the empties in their next door neighbor's garbage
Nope. They actually love Busch Light. Inexplicable... I had planned to go down to Ames with my son for the TCU game but he got COVID right before Thanksgiving. So I emailed a friend who I knew was a big ISU fan and offered her my two tickets and a parking pass. She said she was already going but if I want to drive down solo I can join them and tailgate. I grabbed a twelve pack of Amstel Light on my way down and threw it in their cooler when I arrived. A friend of hers shows up and his wife looks in the cooler for a beer. Sees my Amstel and says, what's this? Tosses it aside and reaches for the Busch Light.

Okaaaaay.

froginmn

I don't get it. So it's cheap beer, so maybe a connection to college students. Just why only tag Iowa State and not Clemson? Are they saying ISU is cheap and trashy but Clemson isn't? Am I over thinking this?
Quoted eight but see above. It's apparently a delicacy for the Cyclones...

Purple Hearted

Next Tech head coach
After watching Tech play Iowa St, OKST and Baylor (as well as last night) it was clear that they were playing at a higher level than they had shown previously in the season. It was also clear that Sonny had a really strong connection with Raider players and it showed. Clearly, there was a different level of execution and passion during SC’s interim reign.

After seeing this, though he didn’t meet the criteria of HC experience, I’d have been very pleased if we had named him HC. I think he has a very bright future.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Go pull hers - it’ll be more entertaining.