• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU on the Dark Side of the Moon, World Series Hangover Edition (Nov 2, 2023; 6PM)

Longhorn from Aledo

College sports are about having the best talent at every position who are 'older' and have a better understanding of the game (higher football IQ). It's a delicate balance between age and talent because playing uber-talented guys at a young age can turn into a bunch of losses. IMO, that's where TCU is right now. Last year TCU had the perfect mix of age and talent. It's going to be painful. Sony needed to do a better job in the portal like he did at SMU but the B12 is not conference USA. Give him 1-2 seasons before you deep-six him.

Btw, I am looking for 4 tickets for next week's game under $50.

GiantFrog

College sports are about having the best talent at every position who are 'older' and have a better understanding of the game (higher football IQ). It's a delicate balance between age and talent because playing uber-talented guys at a young age can turn into a bunch of losses. IMO, that's where TCU is right now. Last year TCU had the perfect mix of age and talent. It's going to be painful. Sony needed to do a better job in the portal like he did at SMU but the B12 is not conference USA. Give him 1-2 seasons before you deep-six him.

Agree. Sonny needs 2 to 3 years and we are back where we want. Plus we won't have to play UT or OU

Bahaha. So am I. I'll buy end zone for $100 right now. Good luck finding anything for less than $300. UT finally has one good season and you guys go nuts.

Card Game Poker GIF
And also
country music GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

Chongo94

Agree. Sonny needs 2 to 3 years and we are back where we want. Plus we won't have to play UT or OU
He spent one year of capital and goodwill on the Briles hire. He gets next year and if it goes like this year then serious questions need to be asked because he has effectively destroyed and ruined all the momentum and goodwill from last year’s run.

We’re not LSU or Bama who can have a bad season after a great one and still capitalize to keep the machine going. We sorely needed to capitalize on last seasons run and we have effectively done nothing but wet the entire bedroom, not just the bed.

PurpleBlood87

So I haven't seen the game past Kell's missed field goal, that's when the game I was covering last night kicked off.

I did see the final drive on the drive tracker on the CBS sports app.

So should I watch the rest of the game I missed or just watch the TCU's drive that closed the game to 35-28 until the interception?

Or should I watch the second half?

Last edited:

TechAdvisor

They're 3-5
I get the, "you are what your record says you are", but when any team has started 3 different QB's due to injury, it's wise to add some context to the record.

Tech remains undefeated in games Behren Morton plays the entire game. This week was the first time Morton got starting reps in practice all season due to an AC joint sprain. The same injury that is keeping Quinn Ewers on the sideline.

Last night was the first time Morton has had the arm strength to push the ball downfield all season. With last nights version of Morton, Tech definitely beats BYU and I think at worst splits with WVU & KSU. That puts Tech at 4-2/5-1 in conference, which isn't bad.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Compare and contrast ut recruiting superiority to their B12 W/L record vs TCU (you can add one more win for this year), discuss…

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You’re probably right. That said, he didn’t do himself any favors, and the screaming started early, when he decided to spend some goodwill capital on the Briles hire.
The 25 missed tackles last night and the ones missed at KState and against CU point to Gillespie more than Briles. Having said that I’d much prefer a less gimmicky pass happy offense too. But dykes is going to have that regardless.

Last edited:

Boomhauer

The worst thing SD could’ve done was have last year’s fortunate season. The screaming wouldn’t be nearly as loud, I’m guessing…

True, although if we went 4-8 last year I think his seat would be pretty hot right now staring at back to back losing seasons.

HornFrogger

I listened to estridge’s puff interview after the game. Can’t find video of the postgame presser. Anyone able to send me in the right direction?

I know, I know… “played hard… great practices… play better going forward…”

I just want to watch him say it.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I listened to estridge’s puff interview after the game. Can’t find video of the postgame presser. Anyone able to send me in the right direction?

I know… played hard… great practices… play better going forward…

I just want to watch him say it.
I'm sure a blistering note was delivered to Estridge and Landry Burdine after the K-State postgame show. A little too much truth slipped out, and the post-game show this time is reflective of this.

flyfishingfrog

Spend it too. But yes. I think need another year or two. Not easy. Patterson was great and stable. We changed horses. I don't see u committing that mush money without good due diligence. We had lots of other options

Why? So he can sink the program?

$6 mil and both of his hires suck…sometimes the problem starts at the top