• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU on the Dark Side of the Moon, World Series Hangover Edition (Nov 2, 2023; 6PM)

GiantFrog

Hard decisions need to be made. This is where upper management earn their money.
Spend it too. But yes. I think need another year or two. Not easy. Patterson was great and stable. We changed horses. I don't see u committing that mush money without good due diligence. We had lots of other options

Sonny Side Up

Well if we don't right the ship, what does that do for recruiting?
We always have big advantage being DFW.

Recruits see opportunity to play and stay in Dallas / FW
NIL. Pony up, y’ all. That’s the capitalistic reality. Not against it, but it will, if it hasn’t already, kill what’s good about college football. I’m 67 and can ignore the death knell, but it’s all about the [ Finebaum ] bird corporate media consolidation, ipso facto money. I love money, until it corrodes a cultural wonder, which is the nation enthralled with 19 year old young men busting their asses every Saturday.

I hope I live long enough to see the rebound, where the universities crack the whip on the diaspora of streaming television.

Make it so. Greed stinks. I hate big communication, Disney epitomizes the hDavy hand. Walt would be appalled. I’m old and disappointed..

just my vent.

Acknowledging it’s a lost year, an huge step back and that some coaches need to go, I do think some kudos need to go to the players for coming back from a two score deficit once and nearly twice. Hoover’s interceptions obviously were killers but he showed some grit putting his head down with the game in the line. Thought the D played hard with a couple tough stops. Obviously major changes needed but thought they showed some grit.

Klaw

This may sound revolutionary, but perhaps our vaunted Offensive Coordinator could work within the limitations of our FR QB, and try to tune the Game Plan (such as it is) to cater to his strengths. Yet, he doesn't. In fact he doesn't seem to have a game plan at all. Much of the things that went right were things that happened in spite of Whelp's playcalling.

Briles is a failure and a fraud.
Bingo…. Briles does not play to our team strengths instead he tries to ram a square peg into a round hole thens wonders why it does not work? How was he the best option? I vote to bring back Riley

LisaLT

Acknowledging it’s a lost year, an huge step back and that some coaches need to go, I do think some kudos need to go to the players for coming back from a two score deficit once and nearly twice. Hoover’s interceptions obviously were killers but he showed some grit putting his head down with the game in the line. Thought the D played hard with a couple tough stops. Obviously major changes needed but thought they showed some grit.
Hoover threw 52 passes. 20 more than his counterpart at Tech. The problem is the more passes, the more likely TOs will happen, especially late in the game down 2 scores.

We don’t have a balanced offense, and that falls largely on the HC and OC. Asking an inexperienced QB to throw that many passes is asking for trouble.

GiantFrog

NIL. Pony up, y’ all. That’s the capitalistic reality. Not against it, but it will, if it hasn’t already, kill what’s good about college football. I’m 67 and can ignore the death knell, but it’s all about the [ Finebaum ] bird corporate media consolidation, ipso facto money. I love money, until it corrodes a cultural wonder, which is the nation enthralled with 19 year old young men busting their asses every Saturday.

I hope I live long enough to see the rebound, where the universities crack the whip on the diaspora of streaming television.

Make it so. Greed stinks. I hate big communication, Disney epitomizes the hDavy hand. Walt would be appalled. I’m old and disappointed..

just my vent.
Don't say Pony Up around here but get the point. What do our coaches, AD, etc make? Obviously, a lot. As I understand, we are taking care of the players...no?

tetonfrog

This answer to this question is concerning. Stating the obvious but I would like a better answer.

That is a scary answer for us fans.

Per our $6 mil coach: I don't know how we are going to fix this, but we are going to keep doing the same thing until it works.

We are lost right now. It starts with our head coach. If he cannot figure it out, then we are doomed.

FrogPreacher

Where was Shad Banks tonight? And what has happened with the guy that transferred from UT, Cook, Cooks? No Markis Deal for several weeks now. A guy who was predicted to make an impact as a true freshman this year. And Cordale Russell. Saw what I thought was an ill-advised tweet from him several weeks ago related to playing. I figure he hits the transfer portal for sure.

East Coast

Tier 1
Where was Shad Banks tonight? And what has happened with the guy that transferred from UT, Cook, Cooks? No Markis Deal for several weeks now. A guy who was predicted to make an impact as a true freshman this year. And Cordale Russell. Saw what I thought was an ill-advised tweet from him several weeks ago related to playing. I figure he hits the transfer portal for sure.
Without knowing the specifics of why Deal and Russell are not playing, I'm not going say the coaches are making a mistake. Banks has played so badly we decided to use a one handed Johnny Hodges, who had a number of missed tackles because he couldn't wrap up. To be honest, I'm inclined to believe Banks' problems are at least half the coaches' fault.