• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

Froggy Style

This defense is an embarrassment. We had 3 linemen and 2 linebackers against 5 online and a TE on a 3rd and 3 play. What are we doing? Just like they just said on the TV that KState is totally dominating this game. Awful
Problem was the play call. Not only did we have all of our personnel off the line of scrimmage, they weren't even disguising that they wanted to stop the run...they didn't. It's like Gillespie just assumes pass against someone pounding it down his throat for the entire half. Just clueless. I would say fire him today if it was possible.

Kleiman (spelling?) was a great hire for KSU.

And as much as I like Hoover, you can see the vast difference between this week and last week when protection is an issue. He’s not been accurate under pressure since he has not been exposed to this onslaught (not blaming him). This is where experience and playing time makes a difference.
Yeah the Hoover hysteria was premature. He’s far from the biggest issue in the game and been under pressure, but also missed several throws.

agentfrog11

Problem was the play call. Not only did we have all of our personnel off the line of scrimmage, they weren't even disguising that they wanted to stop the run...they didn't. It's like Gillespie just assumes pass against someone pounding it down his throat for the entire half. Just clueless. I would say fire him today if it was possible.
Even worse he puts the 3 d linemen inside to stop runs up the middle with both LBs pinched in. Then the offense runs off tackle and we look shocked. Unbelievable

Froggy Style

Considering we continued to go with the 3 down linemen, remaining 8 at least 5 yards off the ball and then drop those 8 in coverage for every single 3rd and short, I doubt it
If you and I are seeing it, I suspect, Georgia, Michigan, Kstate, Iowa State see it too. What could this guy possibly be thinking?

What is so annoying to me is playing 20 yards off a WR in the slot and then wondering how he catches a 15 yard curl route. I have never seen anything so freaking defeatist.

Froggy Style

Guys it’s not our year. We just don’t have the horses in key positions or experience needed to be at the top of the Big 12. It’s pretty amazing looking back on last year that we went to the championship game. Perhaps we had a LOT of luck on our side last year and none this year lol.

And our coaches have failed miserably.
We had a mobile QB that allowed us to keep the ball more than the other team. We now have an immobile QB and the same crappy defense.

BleedNPurple

Yeah the Hoover hysteria was premature. He’s far from the biggest issue in the game and been under pressure, but also missed several throws.
Well, there’s a been a good share of missed catches, pass interference penalties not called and lack of pass protection from the o Line. It appears holding will not be called on K Stste tonight as I’ve seen no less than 10 instances of it that altered plays. No wonder Sonny is pissed.

Horny4TCU

If we don't make adjustments at the half, fix our issues on defense, and put together some plays on offense, I hope our biggest donors cancel their checks and wake Dykes and Donati up.