• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

bwood

Whelp, OU did OU and paid off the refs again - hard to win when the other team gets spotted 21 points. They won’t get away with that in the SEC, and will just be a marginal team. Now we just have to worry about that with OSU, so good riddance.

I’m not sure what it is about Dykes not being able to finish (final games of the season have teams scoring 60+ points against us). The DC needs to inspire his players more. Dykes runs an upward or outward outfit, so if coaches aren’t being hired away, they are likely not performing at a high enough level and are going to get fired. So next!
We were at the game today and found it ironic all the OU homers in front of us were talking about was TCU was getting all the calls and the refs were purposefully screwing them on their way out of the big 12…. Wasn’t sure if they were watching the same game

Frog-in-law1995

How about Kendre?
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Armadillo

It was a Sat morning game. 11am. Very hot and we fried watching Leach throw for the EZ up 35 as time expired

That is correct. I went with a bunch of TCU and Tech friends. I left in the 3rd qtr and went to Spanky's to drown my sorrows in fried cheese and beer. God dang that is some excellent fried cheese.

jack the frog

No one has the ban hammer except for me and Ryann. Ryann is busy coordinating people on the bus and to my knowledge never banned anyone, and I haven't banned a poster in years (last time during Wes' tenure). So, unless the Count ran into a warning point issue no one has been banned.
The Count got his Boo-Berries in a bunch.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Amazing that you can go 5-7 and average 31.3 points a game to opponents average of 28…

As a comparison to last year 38.8 to 27. Not a whole lot of difference really…

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Amazing that you can go 5-7 and average 31.3 points a game to opponents average of 28…

As a comparison to last year 38.8 to 27. Not a whole lot of difference really…
A couple of plays go differently and TCU has an 8 or 9 win season. With competent play calling in the red zone and a defense that pressures the QB we might have had a 10 or 11 win season.

The players definitely sound more optimistic than the fans at this point.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
A couple of plays go differently and TCU has an 8 or 9 win season. With competent play calling in the red zone and a defense that pressures the QB we might have had a 10 or 11 win season.

The reverse goes for last year. It just highlights the thin line separating great from bad…

Zubaz

The only games we were really out of was Iowa State, Kansas State, and OU. Avoid the RedZone turnovers and we beat Colorado, don't get TWO field goals blocked and we beat WVU, avoid some bad turnovers and we beat Tech and maybe even Texas. That's an 8-4 year and we are all saying "alright, step back but still respectable".

Last year we had that golden horseshoe and a QB that would crawl over a mile of broken glass for a chance to win. This year we had the opposite.